Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i recently took off my rear pegs and brackets to paint my frame / rear brackets.

I've gotten everything painted, and cleaned up the foot pegs, so they look somewhat new like stock. I'm trying to get them back together and have the manual, but for some reason it's not very detailed.

There is a footpeg, a pin (like a bolt, knut, and clip), a spring, then there is a thin washer that goes in the middle...all these parts are accounted for and I can figure them out, but there is a ball that I have no idea where it goes. I understand the ball is the reason it clips into place or tucked away, but have no idea or visual to go off of.

anyone have any idea where it goes or a good way to remedy this? I really appreciate and promise to post pictures of the painted frame once everything is complete. Thanks again!!

-dan

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
The ball should go on top of the spring so that it clicks through the detents in the steel plate.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you squish the ball down onto the spring while mashing it into the bracket? or is it just that, haha

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
That's basically it :)
Be very careful not to launch the bearing into space while doing it as well :)

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
That's basically it :)
Be very careful not to launch the bearing into space while doing it as well :)
haha, have done that before. can't remember what the bearing was from but few days later i was working in the garage, noticed my dog was chewin on something, it sure enough, it was the bearing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts