Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

On a 94 fireblade, how is the rear mudguard assembly fitted as standard? At the back mine has a single self tapping screw that goes up from the underside to hold it on, but this causes a clash with the number plate and the rear bodywork. This screw has now fallen out and the numberplate and rear indicators are now just flapping around.

Does anyone have an assembly image of this so I can fit it better.

If you need pictures, I can provide.

Kind regards
Rob

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,343 Posts
Hi guys,

On a 94 fireblade, how is the rear mudguard assembly fitted as standard? At the back mine has a single self tapping screw that goes up from the underside to hold it on, but this causes a clash with the number plate and the rear bodywork. This screw has now fallen out and the numberplate and rear indicators are now just flapping around.

Does anyone have an assembly image of this so I can fit it better.

If you need pictures, I can provide.

Kind regards
Rob

Yes pictures would be grand. Are you talking about the tray that runs the length of the subframe/battery tray? If so there should be two points on the inside of the subframe back where the trunk portion is. In my pic here I have a fender eliminater kit. But it still mounts up in the same place.

It also mounts up to the taillight assembly which mounts to the rear seat portion of the subframe as well. If yours is held on with a self tapping screw then I would suspect there's an issue. In this pic if you look to the left of my leathers' right knee you can see a 99's rear fender end. It bolts up the same.

Because I have a solo seat tail section I had to make the aluminum strap bracket you see to keep the tail light at the right angle that you see here:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts