Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. I used to bungee/rope a milk crate to the back of an old CB750Nighthawk to get a similar effect. I am evaluating putting a rack behind the passenger though. Hopefully I wont have to build one if the situation arises as I have limited metal working facilities. Never worked on titanium with portable power tools before lol. That is some nasty metal!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
IMHO the Renntec racks are pretty poor quality, 2 of us had them on different model FireBlades and both broke at the same place - the rear mounts. Neither were loaded up with much either.

The Renntec tail pack is crap quality too, the cover is not waterproof and just disintegrates and on mine one of the velcro straps on the base has detached itself.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
IMHO the Renntec racks are pretty poor quality, 2 of us had them on different model FireBlades and both broke at the same place - the rear mounts. Neither were loaded up with much either.

The Renntec tail pack is crap quality too, the cover is not waterproof and just disintegrates and on mine one of the velcro straps on the base has detached itself.
I should add though, that the Renntec is useful - I hope to get mine back at the weekend (fixed), it's been a real pain putting luggage on without it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts