Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
True... but i have a oxford adjustable one, so its taller one side, but you can rig up a block for the other side if you have a standard one..

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Ive heard that you cannot buy a traditional rear stand for the 929 because the swingarms are uneven...?
You can use a normal rear stand but the bike sits off vertical. I think it's 20mm so you can simply cut a block of wood and tape it onto one side of the stand.
I personally don't like stands that go under the swingarm though as the bike tends to slide around so I'd recommend putting spools on.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Of course, a 929 doesn't have spools - so you need to either have them welded on, or swap to a 954 swingarm/linkage with 929 dogbones (or you can use a 954 shock/dogbones with the 954 swingarm)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Of course, a 929 doesn't have spools - so you need to either have them welded on, or swap to a 954 swingarm/linkage with 929 dogbones (or you can use a 954 shock/dogbones with the 954 swingarm)
Or you can simply drill them through the swingarm :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
how would you do that what i mean is like where on the swing are would you do that at and also wouldn't you have to tap and retread the whole

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
how would you do that what i mean is like where on the swing are would you do that at and also wouldn't you have to tap and retread the hole
I drilled straight through just forward of the adjuster blocks so the swingarm wouldn't be crushed and put bolts right through the swingarm.
It might be possible to drill and tap them into the adjuster blocks if you wanted to.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
ill try it but what was said about the crooked swing arm are the spools going to be in different places
The spools will be at the same level relative to the axle. That means one will appear to be higher on the swingarm than the other.

·
Registered
737 Posts
ill try it but what was said about the crooked swing arm are the spools going to be in different places
Once you have spools on the bike there are several stands that will fit the 929. Pitbull actually makes an adapter just for the 929 so you can lift it useing spools.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Once you have spools on the bike there are several stands that will fit the 929. Pitbull actually makes an adapter just for the 929 so you can lift it useing spools.
If you're going to put spools on you would put them on level so you can use any stand.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just did a good amount of work to my 929 on a standard rear stand. It has been on the stand for about 5 days now. I swapped in a full exhaust and changed out the cams while on the stand.

Sure it doesnt sit quite level but i didnt have any trouble with it. While i was wrestling with the exhaust i just threw a tie down strap around the bar and up to the rafters just to be safe.

In other words i wouldnt worry to much about a regular stand.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I took a 5/8", I think, block of plywood and cut it to fit the stand I bought back in the day. Counter sinked and bolted it through to the stand and it sat level. This was on a LP under swing arm stand. The bike sat on it for over 6 years without a problem. I later bought a cheap set of Handy Stands with the 929 adapter and that worked very well also.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I found that having the stand on the swingarm as far from the wheel as possible will not tilt the bike as much..

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's very simple. Measure from the ground up for spools, they will be even. Drill and tap a hole. Install spools. Then any stand for spools should work. Check out redlinestands.com. I love mine. Works great for a great price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts