Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I want to install spools on my 929... but I've searched and can't find any where to buy them from. Anyone know where I can get them from and shipped to the UK?

·
Registered
469 Posts
FirstGear said:
I want to install spools on my 929... but I've searched and can't find any where to buy them from. Anyone know where I can get them from and shipped to the UK?
If you're worried about bling, go buy some spools. If you're not, just go down to your local hardware, or bolt suppliers and get some stainless steel bolts of the appropriate length, along with a washer and a nut to use as a locknut against the swingarm. Bolt them up and bobs yet uncle, you've got pickups! You just use the remaining threaded part that's sticking out as your spool. Works no problems at all.

·
Registered
847 Posts
FuTAnT said:
If you're worried about bling, go buy some spools. If you're not, just go down to your local hardware, or bolt suppliers and get some stainless steel bolts of the appropriate length, along with a washer and a nut to use as a locknut against the swingarm. Bolt them up and bobs yet uncle, you've got pickups! You just use the remaining threaded part that's sticking out as your spool. Works no problems at all.
That would only work on a bike that has threaded holes for spools. 929s do not.

·
Registered
46 Posts
FuTAnT said:

Yeah I'm sure it would work up to a fashion. But I've got my bike looking pretty good now and would rather install the inserts and then the spools. Thanks for your reply though. :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
FirstGear said:
I got mine from Dan Kyle. He might ship to the UK. Give him a call or email.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dan Kyle sent me this reply

We do not carry the Lockhart products.
We do have Sato Products, please see if there is anything there we can help
you with.
www.satoracing.com
I don't think Sato have the inserts though. Damn...

I've also looked into getting some rivnuts and making up a tool to fit them, but I need to buy in quantities of 100. I only need 2 and nowhere locally sells them :(

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
if its just the inserts you need I can sell you them. I got 6 in the package when I bought mine so I have 4 left. I just don't know how much it would be to ship to the UK but it can't be much, it would be a pretty small package.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
SomeStrangeGuy said:
One word of advice...measure 4x, check that you won't bump into anything inside the SA, then measure 1 more time, then cut/drill :thumb:
Why?

·
Registered
46 Posts
CBR929RE said:
if its just the inserts you need I can sell you them. I got 6 in the package when I bought mine so I have 4 left. I just don't know how much it would be to ship to the UK but it can't be much, it would be a pretty small package.
This would be great if you would do that for me. :thumb:

Once the inserts are installed (if I understand correctly) any M8 spools will fit and I can get them here no problem.

Have you got the tool as well to fit them?

Let me know how much you want and how to pay.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
FirstGear said:
This would be great if you would do that for me. :thumb:

Once the inserts are installed (if I understand correctly) any M8 spools will fit and I can get them here no problem.

Have you got the tool as well to fit them?

Let me know how much you want and how to pay.
yeah I can do that. Someone PMed this morning and asked about them also. Since you asked first I'll send you 2 of them and the tool unless you want all 4?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just bought 4 new spool inserts (Lockhart Phillips Part #213-40) off ebay for 10.50 shipped. not sure if its a good deal or not but i need them.. any 8mm spool will fit right?? :idunno:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts