Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the 15t drive sprocket and was surprised how much slack it left in the chain, after adjusting the chain to specs, I'm left wondering how to confirm that the rear tire is 'aligned' and pointed straight? I eyeballed the hash marks on the swingarm and they 'look' ok, but.... I'm headed out to try the new sprocket out, provided the rear wheel stays on, I'll check back in a bit and based on your responses, I'll re-align the rear wheel. TIA.

J

·
Registered
929 Posts
If you want to get more precise than 'eyeballing' it, you will need to break out the metric ruler or make a mark on a linear object and place it on the other side to see if it falls on the same mark. If the wheel falls off you definitely did something wrong and wont have to worry about alignment problems...unless you are talking about your vertebrae. HAVE FUN!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I don't have time to link it in for you, but there's a good 'how-to' article on the old forum, written by Abtech (well, Yoshimura actually). Using a ruler, you should be able to measure -- from the back of the swingarm -- the distance to your adjusting bolts. As long as each side is the same, you'll be aligned, regardless of what the hash-marks indicate (some are on, some are off).

Check out the link for a better description.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Also check the knowledge base. Someone (Abtech I believe) did an article on chain adjustment. It as pictures showing where to measure to get both sides lined up correctly. Worked for me! Much better than the hash marks or the way the service manual states to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts