Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously, while I have the bike wheel up on the Handy Industry Stands I just got, I started it up, engaged the clutch, shifted (by hand) into first gear, still holding the clutch, and the rear wheel starts spinning. It doesn't take much to stop it, just putting my hand on it will stop it.

I'm thinking this isn't right and some clutch adjustments need to be made.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
217 Posts
This is normal. My rear wheel spins very very slowly even when the bike is in neutral and the clutch is released. Someone else has asked this question recently and I can't remember where I saw it. I will look for the other post and get you the link.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Sounds like its doing what its supposed to do. Its a wet type clutch and the viscosity of the oil moves it a bit. And that loud clunk when you change gears is the momentum of spinning gear dogs crashing.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Saw a dude get his thumb cut off doing that. Swear. And wheel rolling with clutch in, and even inneutral with engine running is, as everyone else said, normal.:) me too me too......
A common nickname for motorcycle owners is "Stubby," referring to a finger or two...

be careful with the chain!

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Saw a dude get his thumb cut off doing that. Swear. And wheel rolling with clutch in, and even inneutral with engine running is, as everyone else said, normal.:) me too me too......
How not to lube a chain... **WARNING - GRAPHIC**

Honda CBR600F4

·
Registered
902 Posts
Getting the finger mangled in the chain is the easy part. So is unwinding the chain to get the finger(s) back out. Its when they take a stiff brush to clean grease out of the wound that it starts to get your attention.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts