Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one help me out Ive got a 929 2001 that i bought in bits never, due to lock down Ive been building it back up the rear wheel that came with the bike didn't have any bearings in so Ive ordered a set of Wemoto but one of the bearings doesnt fit, its too big to fit in the wheel, can some one let me know if Ive got the right wheel, J 17 X MT5.50 DOT is stamped on the wheel is the same as everyone else's?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Mine has J 17 X MT6.00 DOT

Also, as I found with my 98 RR-W although the old bearings had standard numbers like RS2002 the dimension Honda just was not standard. This was for the big rear wheel bearing. The Honda own brand was slightly thinker (or was it thinner? Long time ago) so make sure the new bearings are the same diameter and thickness of the old ones....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Also, as I found with my 98 RR-W although the old bearings had standard numbers like RS2002 the dimension Honda just was not standard. This was for the big rear wheel bearing. The Honda own brand was slightly thinker (or was it thinner? Long time ago) so make sure the new bearings are the same diameter and thickness of the old ones....
cheers buddy, yea one of the new bearings has a bigger diameter

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

do you think this wheel would fit ? coz with that bearing being bigger I'm not sure if the sprocket carrier will fit right ? will have to test fit tomorrow to make sure

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i guess the wheel being slightly narrower is off an earlier model so there could be all sorts of issues with spacers and the sprocket lining up with the front sprocket... I don't know enough to say for sure

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess the wheel being slightly narrower is off an earlier model so there could be all sorts of issues with spacers and the sprocket lining up with the front sprocket... I don't know enough to say for sure
yea spot on mate did a test fit and sprocket carrier doesn't fit ether so its a no go haha best get looking for a rear wheel and find out what this one is from thanks pal

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
yea spot on mate did a test fit and sprocket carrier doesn't fit ether so its a no go haha best get looking for a rear wheel and find out what this one is from thanks pal
You could always measure the size of the old bearings IDxODxW , and axle Diameter and length and match them against different 5.50 Width wheel (but there are so many older and newer) and sell it, then get hold of a 929 6.00 wheel off E-bay. Partzilla have a good fitment/Parts assignment for matching
Meantime since you already have the bearings (and axle is right)this

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could always measure the size of the old bearings IDxODxW , and axle Diameter and length and match them against different 5.50 Width wheel (but there are so many older and newer) and sell it, then get hold of a 929 6.00 wheel off E-bay. Partzilla have a good fitment/Parts assignment for matching
Meantime since you already have the bearings (and axle is right)this
yea think that's the way forward sell this one and buy the right wheel haha

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
You could just sell the whole bike and let someone else worry about it!! :unsure: :D

Demonstrating forum camaraderie, I'd be quite happy to help out!(y)

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,862 Posts
5.5” is old technology that I’m very familiar with. The 929 was the first CBR with the 6.0” wide rear. I’m curious to see a picture of the wheel you’re trying to fit.

Also, I would suspect that it was never on the bike to begin with if the bearings were missing. Please post a picture of it. 🙏🏻

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You could just sell the whole bike and let someone else worry about it!! :unsure: :D

Demonstrating forum camaraderie, I'd be quite happy to help out!(y)
Haha not giving up just yet haha by the look so fit it is off 94/95 model

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
5.5” is old technology that I’m very familiar with. The 929 was the first CBR with the 6.0” wide rear. I’m curious to see a picture of the wheel you’re trying to fit.

Also, I would suspect that it was never on the bike to begin with if the bearings were missing. Please post a picture of it. 🙏🏻
yea doing some research it seems it is off 94/95, i will try and upload a picture tomorrow, it was on top of a box when i bought it haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

1 - 16 of 16 Posts