Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I want to get some replacement indicators for my 929. As you can see from the pics below the previous owner put some very small oval shaped ones on. Whilst I like them they are just too small and there's no chance of car drivers seeing them!

I need a halfway house really between the huge standard ones and these mini ones. I'm thinking either oval or arrow(spear) shaped ones with a carbon body. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether I need ones with a short stem or a long stem? I assume because of the front fairing it would be long stem?

If you could recommend me some that you guys have bought and are happy with that would be great. Also I was going to just go for normal bulb ones rather than LED because as I understand it i'd need to alter the wiring for LED ones?

Cheers

Alex

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Are those ones LED or bulb? I have the same ones (I think) with a regular bulb in - they work great. I wouldn't bother with cheap LED ones (either good quality LED, or old-skool bulbs).

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
For the ultimate quality indicator has to be the Rizoma ones just love them but very pricey want some for mine but not found the spare cash for some yet!

LED ones are good, I have these on my bike but black work great, you do need the LED wiring though, its just a resistor which goes inline of the indicator wires and plugs in, nothing to solder in or anything and they are very bright

LED Indicators CNC Billet Aluminium SILVER Universal Fitting Emarked Arrow Alloy | eBay

·
Registered
791 Posts
Those ones you have are fine when new but it doesn't take long for the reflector to dull. Apart from that the lens on yours is clear so when the orange paint burns off the bulb you have a problem.

I'd say go for LED they are much brighter if you get half decent ones. You can get a replacement plug and play relay pretty cheap. It's all ebay stuff.

If you do prefer regular type indicators maybe some later model indicators? Hornets have nice indicators, as do most Ducati models.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Just remember LED's are very directional compared with regular bulbs. Those look like they might be bright from the front, but not as good from 45 degrees.

If you go the LED route, don't forget to pick up an electronic relay as well as the stock bi-metal relay won't work with LED's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts