Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just about to do my first oil change on my CBR1000RR5 which oil is best full synthetic semi synthetic? I was thinking of using Shell Advance Ultra Fully Synthetic. What's everyone else using or what does anyone recommend.

Cheers :idunno:

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Best oil is the stuff that's changed often ;) Semi or full will do. I just use regular semi 10w40. Never had an engine die on me yet.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I use Castrol Syntec Blend 10W-40 in my 954. Can't say 100% for the 1Ks, but I haven't had any problem with the Castrol in my 954

·
Registered
183 Posts
Some fully synthetic oils have detergents in them that cause the clutch to slip. So many people run a synthetic blend.

I think you will be fine with any 10w-40 oil, synthetic or synthetic blend. I know a lot of Suzuki guys that run Rotella T oil. I've been using it for years on all my bikes, with zero issue.

·
Banned
681 Posts
Some fully synthetic oils have detergents in them that cause the clutch to slip. So many people run a synthetic blend.

I think you will be fine with any 10w-40 oil, synthetic or synthetic blend. I know a lot of Suzuki guys that run Rotella T oil. I've been using it for years on all my bikes, with zero issue.
:plus1:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I am just about to do my first oil change on my CBR1000RR5 which oil is best full synthetic semi synthetic? I was thinking of using Shell Advance Ultra Fully Synthetic. What's everyone else using or what does anyone recommend.

Cheers :idunno:

Any good semi-synth will be just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts