Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight I got flashed by the cameras at an intersection. I wasn't paying attention to the traffic arrow, it was red, but I stopped with my bumper in about the middle of the cross walk. The left turn arrow then turned green and I went on my way, still got flashed a second time tho. How much is the fine here in Cali? Do you think I will be getting a ticket?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Typically the cameras take a picture of the driver and the FRONT license plate. Unless you have some kind of bike with a front plate, I wouldn't worry about it!:eyebrows:

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
i guess that would not work on my truck, its balcked out and in nc we have no tags. in va they have some of the red light cams, but they also have front tags

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Sorry I don't have an answer that pertains in your case.

In Iowa most of the cams take a picture of the rear plate. The ticket is then mailed to the owner of the vehicle not the driver. However in two different cases where they actually went to court the judge threw them out and in one he ruled that the cameras were unlawful in Iowa because the fine is different if you are caught by the camera ($75) or an actual cop ($35). In one of the cases it was an off-duty police officer that was mailed a ticket for his vehicle and he just proved he wasn't driving at the time.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Even if you get a ticket mailed to you, you can deny that it is you... assuming you're wearing a helmet? :)

...and that you're happy to lie instead of taking responsibility for your actions...

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Here in Qc, if you deny it'S you, you have to denounce who was riding your bike. Something you should know, since it's your bike...

Same here, if you can't give details of somebody else then you're responsible for the fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
From what I understand there is nothing they can do if you say it wasn't you. They can threaten you with responsibility but if you stick to your guns and say that your bike is a loaner whore, there isn't much they can do about it. This is in California by the way, I'm sure it varies from place to place.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
From what I understand there is nothing they can do if you say it wasn't you. They can threaten you with responsibility but if you stick to your guns and say that your bike is a loaner whore, there isn't much they can do about it. This is in California by the way, I'm sure it varies from place to place.

Are you allowed to lie to the Police in Cali then?
Here it's an offence.
Good luck getting insurance or reporting a theft on a bike that you lend out to people you don't even know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow. Touched a nerve I see. Are you a police officer? Because you seem to have taken that "lying to the cops" thing pretty personally.

Most cameras in the states that I've been in take pictures of the front plate. So in most cases someone on a bike wouldn't be an issue. The bigger issue (aside from lying to the cops which will get you sent straight to hell on judgment day apparently) is that you are on a bike and in most situations should be one of the more cautious people on the road. I wouldn't be heading into an intersection right as the light turns. God knows what little old lady isn't paying attention.

Just my two cents :patriot:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Wow. Touched a nerve I see. Are you a police officer? Because you seem to have taken that "lying to the cops" thing pretty personally.

Most cameras in the states that I've been in take pictures of the front plate. So in most cases someone on a bike wouldn't be an issue. The bigger issue (aside from lying to the cops which will get you sent straight to hell on judgment day apparently) is that you are on a bike and in most situations should be one of the more cautious people on the road. I wouldn't be heading into an intersection right as the light turns. God knows what little old lady isn't paying attention.

Just my two cents :patriot:

Not a LEO, just don't have much respect for those that don't have the guts to take responsibility for their actions. If you choose to go through the red light then you only have yourself to blame for it.
Lying to the cops is an offence that can vary from "false ID" or obstruction right up to perjury.
The kind of society you choose to live in starts with you.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I owned up to all my tickets :(

And with that.. haha cops have let me off on more then a few :p

I have a 56km/h on my record.. and in another province a 48km/h over.
Why would people try to shove the responsibility else where?? I have no idea aha.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Here in Qc, if you deny it'S you, you have to denounce who was riding your bike. Something you should know, since it's your bike...
Same here, if you can't give details of somebody else then you're responsible for the fine.
Same in the UK....But in Sweden, if you get caught on a speed camera, they must be able to identify your face...for example by pulling the sunshade down would cover your face...and therefore no conviction. People have been caught on speed camera's wearing Mickey Mouse masks :rotfl: It's upto the Police to prove who was driving..BRILLIANT!!!:rotfl::rotfl:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I owned up to all my tickets :(

Me too :)
Lost my licence three times.
Could've gotten off a wheelie charge by throwing money at a lawyer but would have had to lie in court to do so.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I havent lost my license haha, I did hire a woman to get my 56km/h one reduced.

Here, 50km/h over, it is automatic court date. You dont even get a fine at that point.
You have to go to court, and they decide how much to fine you.. and wether or not to suspend your license. Most of the time you do get the license suspension.

I just didnt want my license suspended. It was still 4 points of the 15 allowed on the license..

Never once though did I try to claim I wasnt guilty

·
Registered
186 Posts
im not sure about ca but here in florida it may flash you but not every one gets a ticket they review it so if you didnt actually run the red light you should be fine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not a LEO, just don't have much respect for those that don't have the guts to take responsibility for their actions. If you choose to go through the red light then you only have yourself to blame for it.
Lying to the cops is an offence that can vary from "false ID" or obstruction right up to perjury.
The kind of society you choose to live in starts with you.
It's not so much about taking responsibility for your actions as it is just not self-incriminating yourself, which is a right in this state as well as this country. It is their job to prove undoubtedly that you committed a crime and are responsible for it, if they cannot do that then it isn't really your fault as far as I'm concerned. We have enough B/S laws that we already have to deal with aka smog, make them prove it was you.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
It's not so much about taking responsibility for your actions as it is just not self-incriminating yourself, which is a right in this state as well as this country. It is their job to prove undoubtedly that you committed a crime and are responsible for it, if they cannot do that then it isn't really your fault as far as I'm concerned. We have enough B/S laws that we already have to deal with aka smog, make them prove it was you.

Not incriminating yourself is not the same as lying.
If you went through the red light and you are asked the question "Is that you in the photograph?" and you say "no" then you're a liar and refusing to take responsibility for your actions.
Just because the system can't prove you did something then it's not your fault???? Whose fault is it then?
Maybe you wouldn't have the BS laws if the citizens took more responsibility for the things they do...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not incriminating yourself is not the same as lying.
If you went through the red light and you are asked the question "Is that you in the photograph?" and you say "no" then you're a liar and refusing to take responsibility for your actions.
Just because the system can't prove you did something then it's not your fault???? Whose fault is it then?
Maybe you wouldn't have the BS laws if the citizens took more responsibility for the things they do...
You don't even have to worry about them asking you directly most of the time, their general policy is that if they cannot make positive identification from the photo, they move on to the next one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts