Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good price on a rear cowl that will fit my '03 954? I am trying to find one, but cheapest I can find one is $180 + tax.....don't suppose anyone knows of a used one or better yet has one they want to sell?

Thanks

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yeah there a bit of a rip off, Ratter here on the board got a guy to replace the stock seat with colour matched leather, looks like a seat cowl plus you can actually use it if you want for a passenger, wasn't that expensive either from memory

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
It is expensive, but the Honda one is good quality and really cleans up the look of the bike.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hellfire666 said:
Anyone know of a good price on a rear cowl that will fit my '03 954? I am trying to find one, but cheapest I can find one is $180 + tax.....don't suppose anyone knows of a used one or better yet has one they want to sell?

Thanks
Yeah it pricey but worth it. Did you try Indysuperbikes.com

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hellfire666 said:

Thanks

I've just put a PowerBronze one on my 929 and for the price $99US they aren't bad at all.A little fiddly to get right but makes the rear look sharp.

http://www.easystorefronts.com/superbikes/searchresultSE.asp?rn=rad839DC&newpage=radF7250
:thumb:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That powerbronze is fairly cheap and it looks decent. I am just worried about the paint match up, from some pictures I saw they don't seem to match up very good? You don't happen to have a pic of your on your bike do ya? Not sure I like the coushon thing on it either. Does it feet really snug, seems like they stick up abit on teh bikes?

Thanks man!

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
DUX said:
It is expensive, but the Honda one is good quality and really cleans up the look of the bike.
I also agree Honda cowl looks the best...I have the red one.....or you can get the seat covers off ebay for like 40.00 for both which looks as good as the cowl cause the rear seat is very tapered and flush with the fairings

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hellfire666 said:
That powerbronze is fairly cheap and it looks decent. I am just worried about the paint match up, from some pictures I saw they don't seem to match up very good? You don't happen to have a pic of your on your bike do ya? Not sure I like the coushon thing on it either. Does it feet really snug, seems like they stick up abit on teh bikes?

Thanks man!
The weather here is really crap at the moment,this is the best pic my cheap arse camera would take,I'll take sum better ones when the sun comes out.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/87039878/297256073tGIzPa

I actually got this from AMC in Australia and paid too much for it,then I found the website in USA that sells them much cheaper.
The pad sits on it quite well and the black is almost perfect.The only thing I will have to do is paint the hex bolt that holds the lock catch on black.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Keep trying Ebay, I found one "used for a day" for $100 a couple of weeks ago. It looks new and firs perfectly.

You may have to wait it out, but the deals are out there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks kiwiblader, that does look pretty good. If you don't mind taking couple more pics when you get a chance I would really appreciate it....is it a pretty solid material? I'd like to get couple diff angles just to see....only thing I don't really like is that pad on it, but looks pretty good from that pic.

Thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hellfire666 said:
Thanks kiwiblader, that does look pretty good. If you don't mind taking couple more pics when you get a chance I would really appreciate it....is it a pretty solid material? I'd like to get couple diff angles just to see....only thing I don't really like is that pad on it, but looks pretty good from that pic.

Thanks
Here's a link to the fireblades.org gallery and the OEM (red) seat cowl.
http://www.fireblades.org/gallery/showimage.php?i=1813&c=500&userid=4739

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hellfire666 said:

Thanks
The sun poked its head out for 5min so I took sum more pics for ya HellFire.
Damn its hard to get a good pic of a black bike :rant:

http://community.webshots.com/album/87039878xPjDSa

The cowl is made of about 4mm acrylic,its not sturdy enough to sit on,and when open you can flex it a little but it'd take a bit to break it.
Can you get a local dealer to get one in for you to have a look at?That'd be the safest way if you aren't sure.
Happy hunting :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts