Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told the red 600RR has a different color code than the 1000RR. Are they close enough for me to add a 600RR seat cowl and be satisfied? And does this cowl go over the rear seat, or replace the seat altogether?

TIA,

Tim

·
Registered
103 Posts
Redbeast840 said:
I've been told the red 600RR has a different color code than the 1000RR. Are they close enough for me to add a 600RR seat cowl and be satisfied? And does this cowl go over the rear seat, or replace the seat altogether?
The (any year) 600RR "Italian Red" is slightly different than the (any year) 1000RR "Winning Red." It is only slightly different, and is hard to tell the difference unless you're inside, under flourescent lights.

Pictures of my bike before I repainted some of the pieces:
pic1
pic2

The cowl replaces the seat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. Based on what your bike looked like :thumb: , I ordered the OEM 600RR seat cowl and it came in this week. The color is pretty close, but I'm having trouble making it sit right. I guess I'll have to try adjusting it with the little washers supplied. Does the rear cowl(plastic around rear subframe) have to be shimmed too? Seems to be a big gap at the front. More tinkering to be done tomorrow night...

:cheers:

Tim

·
Registered
103 Posts
Redbeast840 said:
Thanks for your help. Based on what your bike looked like :thumb: , I ordered the OEM 600RR seat cowl and it came in this week. The color is pretty close, but I'm having trouble making it sit right. I guess I'll have to try adjusting it with the little washers supplied. Does the rear cowl(plastic around rear subframe) have to be shimmed too? Seems to be a big gap at the front. More tinkering to be done tomorrow night...

:cheers:

Tim
Similar to the paint, they all seem to fit a little differently, and you may never quite get it 'perfect.' I adjusted mine a little front-to-back & side-to-side; but I didn't use any washers (yet), and I'd say mine has too small a gap in the front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts