Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tough weekend. Good to see them pick up the wins. As long as they keep it up, we should hold onto first. Here's hoping the Yankees choke for their last few games.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
its gonna come down to the series this weekend. Papi and Manny have stepped it up the last couple weeks and the pitching is coming around so I think we have a good shot.

Watch out for them Indians though.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
we got a good week of games coming up ending with the series against the yankees. It'll be a hell of a week of baseball!!

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
actually to go to the game today. Didn't even have to pay. Awesome game. I missed a bunch of it though cause there was some hot chick sitting 2 rows ahead of me but I saw all the good stuff when the runs were scored.

Sucks that we tied with the Yanks as far as record but they get the AL East title on a technicality. I wish they'd have a one game playoff for it. But the playoffs are the playoffs and we're in so its cool. Lets get that repeat

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate living out here, damn tv networks don't really show the games. They showed every other game today but no Red Sox, WTF:rant: , I'm writing a letter.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
ReaperAZ said:
I hate living out here, damn tv networks don't really show the games. They showed every other game today but no Red Sox, WTF:rant: , I'm writing a letter.
what the hell, this one had playoff implications, they should have shown it. start a petition, the sox should be all nationwide games with Jerry Remy and Don Orsillo calling the came. The RemDawg is the man, that guys hilarious. And the fact that I can't stand Joe Buck and Tim McCarver when they do the national fox games.

Funny story that goes along with your little problem. My friend who lives in DC said the game wasn't on there yesterday cause of the Nationals game so he drove all the way to Alexandria, VA to find a blurry tv to watch it on.

·
Registered
686 Posts
No lie. My parents are from Providence and Boston. They took me to my first game at Fenway before I was a year old. I think I could tell them I am a serial killer and they would forgive me, but to tell them I am a Yankees fan would be unforgivable.

Lucky for me the Astros are NL so I can root for both teams unless they somehow by the grace of god make it to the series. I always get odd looks when I go to Astros game with my Red Sox gear on. Astros vs. Cardinals or Cubs are always fun games. Not quite Sox vs. Yankees, but a lot cheaper ticket prices.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
MrX954 said:
You'd have to have lived in New England to know the obsession with being a home team fan. We are definately the biggest hometeam supporters in the country. :D
yeah I don't understand all this talk of St. Louis having the best fans in baseball. I don't see how that's possible with how zealous Red Sox fans are.

luvtolean said:
Bleh

:givefuck:
hey no one asked for your 2 cents. You guys have to have 5 teams in CA just to get one good one.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
CBR929RE said:
yeah I don't understand all this talk of St. Louis having the best fans in baseball. I don't see how that's possible with how zealous Red Sox fans are.
There's a big difference between a "good fan" and a rabid one. Sox fans by and large strike me as the rabid kind.

CBR929RE said:
Sucks that we tied with the Yanks as far as record but they get the AL East title on a technicality. I wish they'd have a one game playoff for it. But the playoffs are the playoffs and we're in so its cool. Lets get that repeat
It's not "a technicality", it's a tiebreaker. It's not some conspiracy; it's a tiebreaker system that's set up for this purpose. As far as a repeat, it's not going to happen. Not enough pitching. My favorite team (since I was seven) likely won't win, either. ;) But as long as the Sox go down in flames, I'll be happy. :evilaugh:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
TAZ said:
There's a big difference between a "good fan" and a rabid one. Sox fans by and large strike me as the rabid kind.

It's not "a technicality", it's a tiebreaker. It's not some conspiracy; it's a tiebreaker system that's set up for this purpose. As far as a repeat, it's not going to happen. Not enough pitching. My favorite team (since I was seven) likely won't win, either. ;) But as long as the Sox go down in flames, I'll be happy. :evilaugh:
I'd say the Sox fans are very good fans. A Rabid fan is one of the Raiders fans that dress in the spikes and all that stuff, or the guys dressed as dogs sitting in the dog pound at a Browns game.

I know what and how tie breakers are/work. I'd just rather see it as a one game playoff. Hey no one thought they'd pull it off last year, especially being down 0-3 and coming down the end of game 4 trailing the yankees. Red Sox fans are eternal optimists when it comes to the Sox. So I take if your favorite team is the Yankees?

If the Sox don't win it I honestly hope the Cards do.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Mojave954 said:
What are who are the Red Sox?

Wait, I am in the damn sports section again aren't I? :p
No...the games section. Right next to golf.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
CBR929RE said:
So I take if your favorite team is the Yankees?
Correct. It's a fact I don't really publicize (people think you're fake if you root for a 'winner'), but trust me, it's not always easy being a Yankees fan - there were a LOT of lean years in the 80's and early 90's. :confused:

I grew up in central Jersey, about 40 miles from the Stadium. They were the "local" team. I've always been a fan since I started watching baseball. (Now I live closer to Philly, and talk about pathetic...the Phillies have only ONE playoff appearance since 1983 (and they made the most of it, going to the World Series in '93 with Dykstra, Daulton, and Schilling...I cheered for them in that series, but have never been a Phillies fan.)

I don't hate the Red Sox, either. Last year was magic for them, and I was glad to see them finally win one! At the same time, it was painful to witness the Yankees collapse, but I understand the pyschology at work; it was just time for David to beat Goliath, so to speak.

And, I'm a realist. The Yankees aren't the powerhouse they were 4-5 years ago; they lost talent on the mound that they've not been able to replace. I'll root for them, but I'm not thrilled about their chances.

My gut says the NL will win the WS this year. St. Louis seems like a good pick. Whatever happens, I'm just hoping the Series isn't a snoozer. :thumb:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
yeah I actually have some respect for real Yankee fans, ones from NY and ones that were fans even in losing days. If Sox fans didn't have Yankee fans to tak shit to and vice versa it wouldn't be half as much fun. I might say I hate Yankee fans but they're a necessary evil. the ones I really hate are ones that just became fans in the 90s because they kept winning. Those are the people that give sox fans crap about only winning 1 WS when in reality the sox have won 6. A lot of Yankee fans seem to not know about the first 15 WS in which the Sox won 5 of them

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
CBR929RE said:
What was that technicality anywho...I don't ghet it? I was talking with a friend, and we thought there was going to be a do or die game.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts