Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a few pics of my front stand. It holds the bike quite nicely, cost about $1.25, and was easy to make! I know, i know, it's a little cheezy but it does work. Now I just have to figure out how to make a rear stand and I can start selling them! :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Umm, are you talking about the leaves??? The only other thing on the floor is all my camping/hunting gear and a few parts. I can't help the junk, I simply have nowhere else to store it. It's tough keeping the leaves out when there is no door on the front of the garage. The damn things blow in every day, and sometimes snow too. :idunno: But hey, I'm renting and lucky there is a garage at all to keep my bike in, I'm not complaining. :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
So, what you're saying is that it isn't really a garage, more like a cubby hole
big enough for a fine motorcycle and a lot of junk, right? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Serial Thriller said:
it isn't truly a "redneck" stand unless there is duct tape and/or zip ties involved. :smilebig:
of course, if it was made entirely from scrap lumber, then I think the judges will overlook the above criteria.
I would tend to agree with this assessment and would like to add that while the angled support was beveled before installation (- redneck points) the fact that the support was added to one side only (the side that shows) tends to redeem “redneck” status. Being a self-proclaimed expert on all things “redneck” I would officially put the Conyers, Ga. stamp of approval on this item. I would like to share, however, that I have actually seen two pieces of firewood placed under the fork legs to change a tire…. This was truly “redneck”. :smilebig:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would have placed another triangle bracket on the other side but I ran out of 2x4! Oh well, if it starts to lean I'll just get out the duct tape and fix it up!

·
Registered
847 Posts
2k2954 said:
Umm, are you talking about the leaves??? The only other thing on the floor is all my camping/hunting gear and a few parts. I can't help the junk, I simply have nowhere else to store it.
They have these nifty places out here in Cali, most people call them "the dump."

:smilebig:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gearhead said:
Watch out for the termites, my man. That's all I'm saying about that.
You're right, I didn't think of that! Next time I have an extra piece of pressure treated lumber I'll have to rebuild and this time I'll add supports on both sides so you can't pick on me any more! Hell, maybe I'll even buy a rake and get rid of the leaves!! Who am I kidding, I'm too damn lazy to do any of that!! :smilebig:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts