Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bad connector and the yellow wires are burnt from the regulator/rectifier,if I cut the wires off and re-wire them does anyone know if the have to be in any certain order? It has 3 yellow wires,one red with a white stripe and a green wire..the yellow wires has no number markings and looks to be none directional..please help.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think that all three yellow wire are basicly the same. As long as you got your red/white wire and green wire connected properly. Doesnt matter which yellow goes where. The yellow wires are supplying the wire harness with the power. All three deliver the same current, so it doesnt matter. I think this is correct, maby someone can concur. Arent they all just solid yellow?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NinerPilot said:
Get a new Reg... It sounds like you toasted this one and rewiring it wont help you... You could fry your bike...
Chris
Thanks for the tip,I ordered the new reg but the connector that went into the old one is melted and the dealer wants $400.00 for the wire harness and the salvage bike shops won't sell just the connector,so I have to cut and re-wire it myself

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MrFurious said:
I think that all three yellow wire are basicly the same. As long as you got your red/white wire and green wire connected properly. Doesnt matter which yellow goes where. The yellow wires are supplying the wire harness with the power. All three deliver the same current, so it doesnt matter. I think this is correct, maby someone can concur. Arent they all just solid yellow?
Yes they all are solid yellow and I think your right...thank you.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Make the connections tight. Wirenuts will work, but be sure the copper strands are clean. If you solder, use silver solder and heatshrink tubing. Don't use lead/tin solder on high current connections as it is a poor conductor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
honda used to sell a kit to fix the connectors on 1200 gold wings . the kit had bolth connectors and about 3" of yellow wires on bolth ends. it is the same connectors that you are talking about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Nomad, I am new to the community an was wondering if you still have a rectifier connector for a 1993 F2? Let me know if you can help! Apparently I can't PM until I post 5 times :(

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hey Nomad, I am new to the community an was wondering if you still have a rectifier connector for a 1993 F2? Let me know if you can help! Apparently I can't PM until I post 5 times :(

That was posted more than five years ago...
I think it's a two-week waiting period for new members until those options become available.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That was posted more than five years ago...
I think it's a two-week waiting period for new members until those options become available.
Ah.. Thank you for the insight on how the board works. :rolleyes: I guess I should have actually looked at the date of the post.. Darn Google! Ha! I ended using flat wire connectors instead. I think my battery may have been a little low so I am trickle charging it..Haven't been able to really test if it is doing what it is supposed to be doing correctly until the battery is fresh. I already replaced the stator coil. I am hoping that this will do the trick. Wish me luck! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts