Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just thinking before I went to bed the other night..........Would a reissue of the 93 900 fly?

Think about it for a moment.

Round eye, carbs, no electronics, simple, classic, awesome.

Retail it for $6000. 4 grand less than a 600RR.

Am I crazy? Oh yeah I am, but whatever :googly:

Ok, what’s the point you say? Get the market back. Fantastic bike, priced accordingly.

Maybe make some small tweaks to it:

17” front, USD forks, Radial calipers, and for modernization’s sake, maybe just FI it :puke: but I’m open to it.

I would like to see the front end stay original save for the front wheel, because I know the USD and Radial calipers will add weight, but I guess it’s ok. Maybe find more weight savings in other places :idunno:

Anyway, just my crazy mind taking over my generally rational thought :nerd

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
It would be a nostalgia bike, Ian. For us enthusiasts, we would express interest, but for the general market and new-to-superbike brigade, I think they'd by hoofing after used Kwakas and R1s for similar money.

I think what would capture the market would be a 'reissue' of the RC30, although I am sure it couldn't be produced within an affordable budget.

And remember, going back to a first bike is like going back to a first girlfriend. The memories are not always pleasurable!!:devil

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be a nostalgia bike, Ian. For us enthusiasts, we would express interest, but for the general market and new-to-superbike brigade, I think they'd by hoofing after used Kwakas and R1s for similar money.

I think what would capture the market would be a 'reissue' of the RC30, although I am sure it couldn't be produced within an affordable budget.

And remember, going back to a first bike is like going back to a first girlfriend. The memories are not always pleasurable!!:devil
Appreciate your point of view. I would LOVE a “low priced” RC30, something that’s not outlandish like it’s original 1990 15k price tag (and ditto for the RC45 at $27k in ‘94). Comparatively now, you can get a 1k RR for that price point now. Those bikes could have flown off showroom floors like ZX-7’s, GSXR’s and FZR/YZF’s if they were priced better. And it’s a shame we never got VFR/RVF 400’s here. I would love a gear driven V4 in my stable.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Only issue besides the factory not wanting to make it probably would be emissions. If they were to sell it as a new bike they would have to meet current emissions standards. May not happen with a carb model. I love the idea though.

·
Registered
242 Posts
^ Yeah, it would have to be FI because carbs wouldn't allow the bike to pass strict "euro4" emissions standards (when a manufacturer builds a bike for mass market consumption IIRC).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts