Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else use it to manage their computers? I've got 4 pc's on my home network and I've got to say, it is just about the best thing since sliced bread.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops ... guess I need to pay more attention. Well, at any rate. I just built a new computer for my GF to use for her University of Phoenix schoolwork. Spent all day doing it. The desktop connection makes things really easy since I can monitor the install of everything from my own computer in our room and still surf da org at the same time. Only one problem. The computer I built uses a wireless card, and I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to make the card connect at startup (windows log on screen ). It starts at the first log on, which means I can't log on remotely since there is no connection. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On a side note, it is a p4 3.0 HT on an intel d865perl board with an 80 gig ata hard drive, 512 ram (single mode). The wireless card is an at&t wireless pci 6500g (compatible with b). The router is a d-link 614+ ( wireless b ).

I posted in a different thread that I was building it. Got the board, new p4 3.0E (prescott), and case for 350 bucks from newegg.com. Newegg is the shit by the way. I've gotten my past 2 orders (ordered the geforce 5700 recently) within 2 business days.

On a side, side note. Dell sucks ass.
Their build times are garbage. 4 days building so far.
Their customer service stinks - I ordered my monitor on the 1st of this month. They lost my first order on the first, discovered when I called on the 13th, promply followed by them losing my entire conversation with that tech who was supposed to send me the new order number within 48 hours by email. Didn't happen. I had to call again on the 16th, the tech said they knew nothing about an order, or call, on the 13th. New order, build time, and shipment now equals the 24th of December. 24 days to build and ship a monitor is pathetic. On top of the fact that they already have my money. Not a happy camper.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
firedawgon929 said:
Oops ... guess I need to pay more attention. Well, at any rate. I just built a new computer for my GF to use for her University of Phoenix schoolwork. Spent all day doing it. The desktop connection makes things really easy since I can monitor the install of everything from my own computer in our room and still surf da org at the same time. Only one problem. The computer I built uses a wireless card, and I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to make the card connect at startup (windows log on screen ). It starts at the first log on, which means I can't log on remotely since there is no connection. Any ideas?
Any way to setup the card driver as a service on the machine (assuming its a windows machine)?

Or failing that, while you are working on the machine and its contantly rebooting have it automatically log in....but probably best not to leave that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts