Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put a remote start on of these? If so I am looking for the wire colors and locations. Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Wow, that seems like a really bad idea.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
I had a buddy that did to his 750 Gixxer. It was pretty sweet...sucks to be you if you forget to put it in neutral though. :hi: :bomb:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
ND4SPD said:
I had a buddy that did to his 750 Gixxer. It was pretty sweet...sucks to be you if you forget to put it in neutral though. :hi: :bomb:
Kuss929 said:
What is the benefit on a bike?
Yeah, I don't get the benefit...and bikes fall over easily.

Warming up the bike is part of the process for me, I enjoy it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
luvtolean said:
Yeah, I don't get the benefit...and bikes fall over easily.

Warming up the bike is part of the process for me, I enjoy it.
The bike wont start with the stand down in gear, unless you pull in the clutch. Besides I put an undertail on it and I would like to hook up a trunk pop solenoid to it so I can open the trunk via remote. :thumb:

·
Registered
900 Posts
You can cut and splice the kickstand wire so it will start with the stand down.
I had to do this since the one track day I went to had a no stand policy.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Then when Joe Opportunist walks by the bike and it magically starts, he can jump on and ride away into the sunset.

·
Registered
244 Posts
BDA116 said:
Then when Joe Opportunist walks by the bike and it magically starts, he can jump on and ride away into the sunset.
I would guess that this also has an ignition kill if the key is not in it and it is put into gear. That same fear ran ramped when remote starts were put on regular cars. I don't subscribe to the remote start for a bike, but it is a nice bling factor if thats what you are in to. :)

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
The remote start on my Excursion has 2 steps:

1: Lock doors
2: Start engine

It won't work unless you do it like that and once started (and the doors unlocked) the engine dies when you hit the brakes unless you insert the key and turn it to the run position.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BDA116 said:
i can wire it so that when you put the side stand up it will kill the remote start so i am not concerned if someone will steal it. i leave for work early in the morning and dont have much time for warm up so thats why i want it.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
mlaurenza said:
Why do you say that? I had one on my F3! Worked great when it warmed up!
how'd you work the choke remotely?

if you don't have time to warm it up before you leave then you need to get up 2 minutes earlier

·
Registered
318 Posts
I always start my bike, and if its warm enough to have an enjoyable ride, I have time to go back inside, grab my gear, and put it on. The bike is then at or very close to operating temps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CBR929RE said:
how'd you work the choke remotely?

if you don't have time to warm it up before you leave then you need to get up 2 minutes earlier
no choke. fuel injected i barely get up with enough time to piss in the morning

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
that must've been expensive to put fuel injection on an f3. As far as I now fuel injection didn't come around till the f4i, hence the i ? :idunno:

·
Registered
461 Posts
I tried to put remote start on the 929, but the hotwire-proofing was smarter than me and I just gave up. Basically, its the same as a car, but there is the extra added step that you have to have an EE figure out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts