Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone makes an alarm with remote start, and hopefully wont kill the bank. I have a 03 954

·
Registered
347 Posts
i can't say i've ever seen anything remotely like, and the alarms i've seen for bikes are basic. you would have to use a car version and adapt it. just one question. why would you want a remote start?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cause then your the cool kid on the block lol....just kidding. I just want it for in the mornings i dont have to go out and wait for it to warm up....i can be doing something else more productive.

·
Registered
833 Posts
The best setup I've seen so far is one where a guy did it to his 01 F4i. He took a regular car alarm system, and with some careful wiring had it all set up very nicely. The remote start system would turn the bike on, wait until the fuel system had cycled, and THEN start the bike. He used the "wait for diesel" input on the alarm, wired it up to the FI light, and that way when the FI light would turn off the system would start the bike. It was set up so that it took into account the kickstand safety switch, the neutral safety switch, and even the brake system to where tripping any of them would kill the bike.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was thinking of doing something similar also...!

I there is a brand of mopeds - can't think of it now, that features remote start as standard. I was quite impressed when it started up!

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
The best setup I've seen so far is one where a guy did it to his 01 F4i. He took a regular car alarm system, and with some careful wiring had it all set up very nicely. The remote start system would turn the bike on, wait until the fuel system had cycled, and THEN start the bike. He used the "wait for diesel" input on the alarm, wired it up to the FI light, and that way when the FI light would turn off the system would start the bike. It was set up so that it took into account the kickstand safety switch, the neutral safety switch, and even the brake system to where tripping any of them would kill the bike.
Seems complicated but worth it if thats what you want...

·
Registered
37 Posts
19-year 12 volt installer here. I've done many bikes for alarms and remote starts, and they aren't hard at all for wiring. The biggest challenge is finding modules small enough to fit in a bike under a cowling without taking up space. All the good alarm/remote starts are car systems usually, and they cover the circuit boards with epoxy to prevent water damage.

I've also just taken car alarm/remote start systems and covered the circuit boards with hot glue for the same effect. HOWEVER, these modules cannot then be warrantied. Usually isn't an issue though, if you buy a good brand.

Just look for a good brand name like Viper/DEI, Clifford, Prestige/Pursuit, that has a small enough module to fit in a bike. Some systems are WAY to big and have way too much wiring to fit and hiding cleanly on the bike.

·
Registered
251 Posts
most of the cheap alarms on ebay have remote start....its nothing realy.
I had it connected on my old 98 f3,Its cool the first times but then,i would never install it again,it could be dangerous if the alarm/relay goes of while on the road suddenly.
On my 929 its not possible beacous of the HISS.It will not let the bike start without the key in the lock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts