Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming that either way, I will have a PCIII and custom map made.

I am trying to decide between a Devil 1/2 SB2 system that does not remove the HTEV, and a Scorpion Oval GP 3/4 system that does.

Both pipes are high mounts. Bike is an '03 954rr with the flapper and PAIR mod already done, and a PCIII arriving tomorrow.

Opinions? I want to make a decision tomorrow on the pipe, thanks!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just my opinion.....if the bike already has the flapper mod done, pair valve done and you are getting a PCIII and plan on having a custom map made......why wouldn't you get a full system?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dyno and tuning today, at 137hp at the wheel with the bolt-on.

I do plan to remove the HTEV and remap to put me over 140hp...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But I thought you weren't interested in HP, only throttle repsonse and smoothness . . .
That was my first concern because the bike was running pretty rich.

Also, while tuning today, there is a definate blip that you can see, hear and feel when the damned valve kicks in that we could not tune around, and so now I am looking to get rid of that valve.

Especially when I read a report from Honda that said that the HTEV is not there for performance, but rather for noise control.

The bike is not smooth around 3000rpm as a result, so I plan to take it off, and if a retune adds more HP as a result, so much the better.

Understand?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan to, but the problem is that the company that makes the Eliminator kit is out of them and has to make more and there is a waiting list.

Would pinning the valve to ba always open fix most of the problem? To my way of thinking, pinning it open would fix that blip but not effect overal flow in the upper RPM ranges so my mapping should be fine.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
forget all of that. Just get a real exhaust system and have it tuned. End of story . . .

:plus1:

I have a full Sato system with a custom map. its a little choppy off idle but lets face it I never spend much time below 4k. and I made power from 4k on up. so basically I say I made power everywhere cause under 4 is just for starting from a stop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts