Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont use rear view mirrors and i think the bike looks better without them, but i do want to put back some small indicators where the mounting points were.

Any ideas what indicators are best to put on the mirror mounts?

thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
That sounds dangerous ant :shocked:

Last weekend my left rear view mirror saved the lives of my wife and myself:

On a highway I shifted lane from inner track out to middle track into a wide gap between vehicles moving arround 70 km/h.
Looking into my left rear view mirror - just to be cautious - I discovered a van comming accelerating from far behind in the third (outer) lane with tremendous speed, probably arround 130 km/s. He had clearly floored his accellerator with the aim to overtake the car driving behind me, just before the outer lane ended due to ongoing construction work.
I don't think he really understood the danger of the situation - or maybe he did not care. He just kept going for the gap he had planned to use, so I could see that he now only had two alternatives: crashing into the baricades in the outer lane (which would not have made any serious damage), or change lane and crash into me. Hence I gave full gas and flipped the bike into a very narrow gap between cars in the inner lane, just in time to prevent being run down from behind when he was passed us with 130 km/s at less than half a meters distance.

Regards and drive safe ... Fred

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
**** man, thats amazing, i think you were very lucky to see him coming anyway.

ive been riding for 2 years without mirrors now, it was hard to get used to at first but now i find them a distraction. None of my mates use mirrors either and they have never had problems in the UK.

·
Registered
217 Posts
riding a bike in the traffic is like being a dear in the jungle. Lots of tigers, lions and hyenas!
Better be alert than just lucky. Why not make it a challenge and train with the mirrors untill you feel you have four eyes?

I have a house with a very long driveway and have to go backwards out when taking the car. Over the years I have become so accustumed to useing the rear view mirrors for this, that I have several times caugt myself trying to shift into second reverse gear :nono: :rotfl:

Cheers ... Fred

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I dont use rear view mirrors and i think the bike looks better without them, but i do want to put back some small indicators where the mounting points were.
Mirrors have saved my life way too many times to ever consider removing them. I've done track days with them as well and I don't know why we aren't allowed them on race bikes like cars do :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Blade is fixed
The honda dealer told me that the previouse owner must have fitted a power commander and some other mods, taken them all off to sell the bike and left some ground wires loose, easy fix.

Does it sound suspect to you???
The bike had done only 2000 miles and was registered to a Mrs ? before me, the tyres had never been banked over and all the bike bolts looked mint. So it sounds suspect to me that its been heavily modded. What do you think???

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Does it sound suspect to you???
The bike had done only 2000 miles and was registered to a Mrs ? before me, the tyres had never been banked over and all the bike bolts looked mint. So it sounds suspect to me that its been heavily modded. What do you think???
I don't understand what you mean.
What do you mean by heavily modded?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts