Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I removed my gas tank for the first time (just bought the bike last month) and noticed I have 3 throttle looking cables sitting under there connected to nothing. I followed 2 back to some piece on the bottom on my headers, and the other one traces under the frame somewhere to the front of the bike. My throttle is connected to the tb and works fine, alone with my clutch so I am at a loss of what these are supposed to go to, and if nothing why they are there.

Sorry the pics are not the greatest.

This is the piece two of the cables go into

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
So I removed my gas tank for the first time (just bought the bike last month) and noticed I have 3 throttle looking cables sitting under there connected to nothing. I followed 2 back to some piece on the bottom on my headers, and the other one traces under the frame somewhere to the front of the bike. My throttle is connected to the tb and works fine, alone with my clutch so I am at a loss of what these are supposed to go to, and if nothing why they are there.

Sorry the pics are not the greatest.

This is the piece two of the cables go into

HVIX cables connecting the servo motor to the HTEV and airbox.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I have been looking into it to avoid stupid questions but is that sometime the previous owner removed, or just disconnected? I do not really see where they would go, but some people said a flap in the air box, and others talked about removing the system in general.

I also read a debate about removing the HTEV system, is it something I should look into putting back together if I have to buy parts or not?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Oh, I have been looking into it to avoid stupid questions but is that sometime the previous owner removed, or just disconnected? I do not really see where they would go, but some people said a flap in the air box, and others talked about removing the system in general.

I also read a debate about removing the HTEV system, is it something I should look into putting back together if I have to buy parts or not?

I would assume the servo motor is missing otherwise you would have a permanent MIL on the dash.
Make sure the airbox flapper is open or gone and that the HTEV is set to one of its three positions.
I wouldn't bother. It's a litre-class bike so it doesn't lack midrange and the system is an atrociously poor design that is prone to failure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts