Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,iv just got back into bikes after a 12yr lay off an bought a 96 fireblade (1st 918cc model) im asuming the seat comes off for the tool kit/storage but cant see away of removing it. all my old bikes had keyholes to undo them. any help would be most appreciated,thankyou.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
hi,iv just got back into bikes after a 12yr lay off an bought a 96 fireblade (1st 918cc model) im asuming the seat comes off for the tool kit/storage but cant see away of removing it. all my old bikes had keyholes to undo them. any help would be most appreciated,thankyou.

The keyhole should be on top of the tail immediately behind the rear seat I thought.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i have the 99 model and theres no key, if you pull up the rear corner of the seat theres an allen bolt underneath you have to undo this bolt and the same on the other side, then the seat lifts straight off

·
Registered
290 Posts
If it is the riders seat hwap is correct but if it storage and tool kit you are after it is under the pillion seat and bladeracer is correct...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks 4the help all,there is wot looks like has been a key hole behind the passenger seat but it has a rubber bung in it?!! i will check 4allen bolts (after the spurs v arsenal game!) but is lookin like 4some reason the seat lock has bin removed! :/

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
thanks 4the help all,there is wot looks like has been a key hole behind the passenger seat but it has a rubber bung in it?!! i will check 4allen bolts (after the spurs v arsenal game!) but is lookin like 4some reason the seat lock has bin removed! :/

I remove mine so I don't have to mess around with a key everytime I want to open it.
There's probably the end of the cable tucked under the tail somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts