Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so thought I would take the top yoke off as I wanted to powdercoat it satan black but I cannot see how you remove the ignition module from the yoke.. where it bolts on the bolts are just rounded like an anti tamper bolt and I have no clue how to remove them... Does anyone know?

Its a 98 RRW

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
OK so thought I would take the top yoke off as I wanted to powdercoat it satan black but I cannot see how you remove the ignition module from the yoke.. where it bolts on the bolts are just rounded like an anti tamper bolt and I have no clue how to remove them... Does anyone know?

Its a 98 RRW

Thanks in advance

Drift them loose with a centre punch.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
not a bad idea BR guess I can just replace with a standard bolt. Will give that a try cheers

I don't know any other way to get them out.
I assume you have already removed the top clamp from the bike?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Its not removed ive turned it upside down and put it back on the yoke spindle but they are not budging so am giving up for now :(

I have done it in-situ but it's a whole lot easier in a vice.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah think I need to do that tbh, get it off the bike. I was just going to do it this morning as had a few hours free so thought would give it a go but didnt turn out to be as simple as I was hoping as these things always do. :( Will tackle it again over the winter when I have more time to strip the bike.

Thanks for the help BR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts