Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to buy, or how to make a set of the sleeves that fit inside the grommits on the front fender mounts after removing the reflectors? Would someplace like Lowes carry such a thing?

I know I could just dremel the reflectors themselves off the brackets but I'd rather use a sleeve like what is used in the lower mount.

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you use the tool kit that comes with the bike you can take the finder off. The reflectors will come off then and just replace and tighten fender. Takes about 15 mins.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For what it's worth, you probably already have some extra. If you removed the stock mudflap, there's 4 on there that you can use up front in the 2 spots (1 on each side, of course) where you took off the reflectors.
If you did take off the stock mudflap on the rear, there are 4 steel washer/grommet type things that are silver in color. They're set in rubber grommets. Just pull 2 out and use them up front.
The gas tank shelter also uses the same ones, 4 to be exact, in case you don't have the mudflap and want to order 2 of them from the dealer to use in place of the reflectors.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For what it's worth, you probably already have some extra. If you removed the stock mudflap, there's 4 on there that you can use up front in the 2 spots (1 on each side, of course) where you took off the reflectors.
If you did take off the stock mudflap on the rear, there are 4 steel washer/grommet type things that are silver in color. They're set in rubber grommets. Just pull 2 out and use them up front.
The gas tank shelter also uses the same ones, 4 to be exact, in case you don't have the mudflap and want to order 2 of them from the dealer to use in place of the reflectors.
Gotcha! Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts