Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fireblades.org,
It's been a few month but I have a new problem. I wrecked my bike, I have it repaired and was fitting a new gasket for the strator cover and dropped a screw into the engine... just my luck.
I wasn't able to fish it out, it fell deeper into the engine... so I want to get to it. I'm thinking removing the crank (that magnetic circular piece that surrounds the coils) to get inside and get this screw out. I want to know how is that taken off? I'm putting dings in the engine trying to pull it off, and someone told me of a pulley that can be used.
Is anyone familiar with this? Am I going about it the right way? Also, if there is a pulley I can use, does size matter or do they all come in the same size?
Please help me fellaz... I haven't ridden my baby since Dec. She's almost ready but this damn screw really messed up the progress. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hello fireblades.org,
It's been a few month but I have a new problem. I wrecked my bike, I have it repaired and was fitting a new gasket for the strator cover and dropped a screw into the engine... just my luck.
I wasn't able to fish it out, it fell deeper into the engine... so I want to get to it. I'm thinking removing the crank (that magnetic circular piece that surrounds the coils) to get inside and get this screw out. I want to know how is that taken off? I'm putting dings in the engine trying to pull it off, and someone told me of a pulley that can be used.
Is anyone familiar with this? Am I going about it the right way? Also, if there is a pulley I can use, does size matter or do they all come in the same size?
Please help me fellaz... I haven't ridden my baby since Dec. She's almost ready but this damn screw really messed up the progress. Thank you.

You can't get the screw out by removing the sump?
You seem to be refering to the rotor that the stator fits into? To remove the rotor you simply screw an M20 bolt into it and it will pop off.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i would think pulling the oil pan off would work better unless you can see the bolt from where your at. by pulling the pan off it should be laying in the bottom of it i would think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts