Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys can you help me with this one ?
how to get out the oil filter on a 929 without having to remove the middle/lower cowl ?

thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
hi guys can you help me with this one ?
how to get out the oil filter on a 929 without having to remove the middle/lower cowl ?

thanks

Don't be lazy do things right and it will take less time. There is no way you can take 15 minutes to take off the fairings or sit there for two hours figuring out how to do it without taking it off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gota have small hands like me! Takes me 15min for the whole oil change with fairings on! I place cardboard under the filter but above the headers bent in a V shape to direct all the dripping oil into the pan, then slip my not-so-manly, tiny hand through #2 and #3 header while the other going into the throttle side "vent" in the fairing, and bust it loose! Easy as that! Then I tilt the filter up, pull it out the "vent".

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Gota have small hands like me! Takes me 15min for the whole oil change with fairings on! I place cardboard under the filter but above the headers bent in a V shape to direct all the dripping oil into the pan, then slip my not-so-manly, tiny hand through #2 and #3 header while the other going into the throttle side "vent" in the fairing, and bust it loose! Easy as that! Then I tilt the filter up, pull it out the "vent".
:plus1: I take tin foil and make a little tray to keep oil off of the pipes. The niner is one of the easier bikes I have serviced.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Looks like some-one knows it can be done without removing any fairings, makes things much quicker and easier!

A lot of owner manuals & maintenance manuals say "remove lower cowls" etc etc. There is no need on most bikes. ie 600 f3, 600 f4, Fireblade 954.

If you ever need to remove fairings always grease all fittings and renew any fasteners with worn heads.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys
i have another problem a big one ; i looked in the service manual and it says 3.7 liters at filter change . from my last oil change i have 1 liter left from 4 liters so my bike runed for 3000 km with "- 700" grams of oil .........
how bad is that ? ; the engine seems to have no problems , no warning light nothing ....i checked the oil level and it's ok ( i'm not sure if the bike was on plane surface ; it was on a road with a tilted )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts