Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to take the 1000rr apart and finally install some of the odds and ends I pulled off the 929. One part was a nice set of PAIR block off plates Ryan Hass made for me. But the plates on the valve cover are located under the ramair intake tract. Can't see a way to get that off with out taking alot more that I'd like off the bike. Guess I'll just be blocking those hoses!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sirkbac said:
I decided to take the 1000rr apart and finally install some of the odds and ends I pulled off the 929. One part was a nice set of PAIR block off plates Ryan Hass made for me. But the plates on the valve cover are located under the ramair intake tract. Can't see a way to get that off with out taking alot more that I'd like off the bike. Guess I'll just be blocking those hoses!
:idunno: At the time you would be takin' that OEM exhaust off and putting on a dandy aftermarket job would be as fine as a time as any. Da'hamm - sorry if you went for a slip-on already. Oh, so you're partial to that skin on your knuckles, are you?:spank: Well, roll up yer sleeves and exfoliate that useless epidermis. Besides, it just might be as good of an excuse as any to trot off to Sears and buy some more tools. May not make the job any easier, but new tools are always a nice salve for bruised flesh.

Cheers

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The PAIR valve is ontop of the motor, not the one in the exhaust. That one was easy, I had a mircon exhaust on the bike the first day I owned it. The PAIR valve injects air into the exhaust ports on the engine to burn upspent fuel. It's what causes the popping on decelleration. If you ever get a PCIII and want it remapped, you'll need to remove/block off/disable the PAIR because the injected air will throw the air/fuel mixture off. I have a feeling I've left bloody fingerprints deeper in a 1000rr than you have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts