Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anything i should know if i want to remove the stickers from the bike to try to get a little monochrome theme going? and will the black triangle be able to be removed or is it in the paint of the tank?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
jerseydrew said:
is there anything i should know if i want to remove the stickers from the bike to try to get a little monochrome theme going? and will the black triangle be able to be removed or is it in the paint of the tank?
I "think" the tank stickers have a clear-coat over them...

·
Registered
220 Posts
The best way is to use a hair dryer to heat up the stickers. They will def come off alot easier and quicker.

As far as I know on the 929 the stickers on the tank are cleared over. I haven't seen the 954 up close yet.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I removed the stickers from my tailpiece because one was damaged by a saddlebag from the trip to the Honda Hoot last year. I tried an adhesive remover but found that the best method is a hair dryer. It doesnt get as hot as a heat gun so no worries about scorching the paint. Just heat it a little and pull steadily, dont get in a hurry.

·
Registered
554 Posts
jerseydrew said:
Just reinforcing what everyone else has said....the fairing and seat cowl decals come off very easily with a little heat from a hair dryer. The flashes on the tank of a 954 are clear coated and will NOT come off.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Maybe Tapeworks makes a Color close to the 954 Ti color and you can just get an overlay of the Wing on the tank made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts