Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know off the top of their head the size sockets needed to remove the front and rear wheels from 929's/954's? I am gonna go buy them after work but I don't have my bike here. Thanks.

-Shrub

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
22 or 24 mm comes to mind....I could be wrong though.  I haven't changed wheels in awhile.  Sorry.

edit: 32mm for the rear, per the Knowledge Base article. Check it out...it's a good article there for rear wheel removal.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm...that doesn't seem right. I swear I bought a 32mm for installing my Scott's damper and I even tried to put it on the rear wheel last night but it didn't quite fit. Maybe I just didn't have the teeth lined up properly.

-Shrub

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
22mm - front, 32mm - rear, 30mm - steering stem

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Just read KB article on changing rear tire. Good pics and how-to, except it's not necessary to loosen the axle adjusters to get the wheel off. Save yourself the hassle of having to readjust the chain (unless necessary) and leave them alone...the chain, axle, and wheel will come off just as easily.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks RR....I guess I will be buying a 32 and 22 today then. I read the knowledge base too...good stuff.

-Shrub

1 - 7 of 7 Posts