Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left blinker light does not light up on display; right side works fine. All turn signals work. Audible click is heard both side. Last time I had the bike at a shop, they thought the bulb inside the display was bad. Well, I just pulled the display apart and the bulb looks fine. Even if it was bad, it doesn't seem like the unit was built to allow for bulb replacement, or take a special tool?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your right...those bulbs are never suppose to be replaced. I had to cut my XR 650's clock open and replace the bulb behind the speedo. Those things are cheap...take some time and a soldering iron and replace all of them with led bulbs, then you'll never have a worry again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Screws on back to take the black piece off. (already removed in picture)
Removal will require re-soldering. And like I said, it appears fine. Is there a way to test the bulb before I go browsing the manual for wires?
kdk_0105.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Take a piece of wire and test the bulb on your bike's battery. If it is dead then replace it with a 12V 1W LED bulb. They last forever.

Those light run on a continues circuit...so if one is down they all should be dead. I think it is just the bulb that went dead.

Fiddling with the wiring will take you into the loom of the bike. And that is a bit of a Pandora's box...good luck and I hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^haven't done that yet. Will over the winter if I need to since I put the cluster back on to keep riding.

This might be the problem
kdk_0211.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those light run on a continues circuit...so if one is down they all should be dead. I think it is just the bulb that went dead.
Since the one isn't on, but the others are working fine, wouldn't that mean its a wiring issue if its a continuous circuit?

At the time, I just re-installed it so I could keep riding. I do have the haynes manual so i'll look into as to what that orange wire was for. Not really planning on having it apart again until its too cold to ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts