Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im concerend about the key im having a locksmith make for me by bringing my ignition to him working for my tank as well?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Im concerend about the key im having a locksmith make for me by bringing my ignition to him working for my tank as well?
Hi dsc4twenty,

is this key for a 929 blade that i see in your profile?

if yes do you realise that the 929 blade needs a coded key, if you are getting the locksmith to make you a key from a blank, the key will turn the ignition and it will open the tank, but the bike will not start.

this is part of the honda HISS system

you have to get a blank key from honda, then get your locksmith to cut the blank, then you have to take the key to honda so they can code it to your ECU, the reason i know this is because i had to do this very thing about a year ago for my 929 blade.
vbmenu_register("postmenu_754386", true);

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Only non-US bikes need HISS keys.
Of course, putting "cuse" as your location isn't particularly helpful for people trying to help.
If you're having a key cut to fit your ignition then it should also fit your tank - assuming both are still the same of course.

·
Registered
335 Posts
the 929 does not need a coded key (usa only), if you go to a locksmith who make bike keys, that key will work on both the ignition and tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts