Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there with a 93-97 900RR or FireBlade replaced their stock side markers with any of the Lockhart-Philips short stalk side markers?

I was looking at the Short Stalk V and was worried how they'd look, since the stock markers have a much bigger stalk footprint.

If anyone has them, pictures would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You must mean turn signals. Marker lights are a whole different thing.
My last bike had the short stalk Lockhart lights. They were 3-filiment, and they went in just fine. After they got old, they started loosing their amber lens color because Lockhart uses Acrylic lenses instead of Polycarbonate.

As for the markers, you can replace the red marker reflectors on the rear with LED running lights you can buy at any Autozone. They are the same size, and require fabrication of a backing plate to bolt onto the stock location. Aluminum bar stock from the hardware store and a drill press with a counter-sink tool for the center hole is all that's needed. The power source will be the license plate light wire.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Signals, markers, whatever....

I figured out what I'm going to do:

I'll be installing a Competition Werkes fender eliminator kit and installing 4 turn signals off of a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636.

They's a little smaller and much better looking than the Honda stock signals.

And since I know someone who's removing them from his bike for aftermarket replacements, I won't be paying full retail. I'll post pics when I get the work done.

Woo hoo!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts