Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a low-speed spill in the freezing conditions recently I managed to snap the pillion footpeg on my '08 Blade, so need to replace it as will be doing some 2-up touring in a couple of months.

I've read it's a bit of a bugger to get the pillion peg assembly off so thought I may be able to take a shortcut and just replace the actual peg whilst leaving the rest of the assembly in place.

However, I'm not sure if it's possible? If it is possible, does anyone know how to get the peg out without breaking the retaining pin? (see pic for illustration)

footrest_1.jpg

Cheers,

Moily

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Rick. Any tips for removing the split pin? (not done one before)

Do I just yank it out with some pliers? Will the original go back in or will I need to get a new pin?

·
Registered
900 Posts
screwdiver to start it, pliers to sqeeze together, yank it out, nock through pin, then reuse pin. If pin snaps replace it with anouther, or us a R pin...

·
Registered
900 Posts
dont forget to have tension on the spring when you put it back together, or it wont spring back...real easy to do just take your time, make a note of were it all comes from, if your not sure take a pic as reference when you pull out pin, so you will know how it all goes together

1 - 7 of 7 Posts