Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to identify minature wedge type bulbs? I am looking for two 12 Volt 21 Watt bulbs but they can't have a large diameter due to the hole they must fit into. I know they exist because I have one in the bike but it's in an aftermarket turn signal and I don't know any details about it. All the bulb says on it is "12V21W" no other numbers or identifying info. I've searched the web with no results. I thought knowing how to identify the specific type could help me narrow the search.

·
Registered
900 Posts
its called a capsual lamp.....look for a auto electrical shop, you will get one there, the prob you have is it is a high watt lamp for a capsual. They are out there, if you have no joy contact the manufacturer of the indicator..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey! I have also issue with my early CBR 900 RR SC 28 (-92). I do not know were I whould get a new Headlight bulb. It is not the normal H4 this looks like very special bulb. Does anybody knows the problem? Were to get those bulbs?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hey! I have also issue with my early CBR 900 RR SC 28 (-92). I do not know were I whould get a new Headlight bulb. It is not the normal H4 this looks like very special bulb. Does anybody knows the problem? Were to get those bulbs?:rolleyes:

A Honda dealer perhaps?

·
Registered
56 Posts
You sure its not an HID? Look for a ballast connected before the bulb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for answers. I hope to get nera my bike this weekend and make pictures and give you to better understanding. Thanks anyway for now;)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
A normal H4 did not fit in my 99.. I had to bend a part of it aha
Really? Normal H4's fit both of my bikes. Maybe it's a different spec fitment on the US models (assuming Canada have the same spec).

The one thing I would say about bulbs is do not buy Philips. They blow more often than a cheap hooker. I've found this on my bikes and cars. I even contacted Philips about it and never got a response. I won't buy them any more.

Osram seem to last a lot better, and they do a decent motorcycle bulb now - it even comes in a little helmet-shaped box!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I was surprised! I just had to bend one tab and it fit just fine. I dont see the US models and Canadian models being different.

I just bought the cheapest bulbs I could find.. They were really white, a huge improvement over the yellow ones that were in it previously.

Now I am running fog lights hahaha..

·
Registered
3 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts