Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 CBR1000RR with a blown engine, so have been looking for a replacement engine and have found some ranging from 2008's to 2012's.
I've heard the 2008 will support up to the 2011 engine.

But I've also heard from some posts that the 2012 engine may also work with the 2008.

I would prefer to buy a 2012 - but I don't want to spend $3500 to $5000 on a new engine to find out later that it will not work with my 2008 bike.

Does anyone have any knowledge on whether the 2012 is supported in the 2008? And if so, is there any mods etc. that are required to make it fit?

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you don't mind my asking, what happened to your 08' engine? Also engine didn't change to 12' and should bolt right up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last summer I was riding down the highway and a rod blew through the stator cover with oil blowing out on my left pant leg and all over the back tire. Not exactly sure what caused it, I haven't had the engine apart. It's at the shop, and the mechanic says its not even worth fixing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That's strange, usually when a rod goes it shoots down out of the crankcase's... Never seen one come out the side. Is he sure it wasn't something with the stator or rotor? If he thinks it's junk I'll send him my address and he can ship it to me ��. Nothing's not worth rebuilding.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That's strange, usually when a rod goes it shoots down out of the crankcase's... Never seen one come out the side. Is he sure it wasn't something with the stator or rotor? If he thinks it's junk I'll send him my address and he can ship it to me ?. Nothing's not worth rebuilding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
how did the swap go

any trouble im looking for a head for my 2010 or i wanna get a 12+ engine and swap it how did it go let me know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts