Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need to replace my thermostat on my 929RR.
I popped the tank off last night and noticed it does not look like the easiet thing to get too..
I am mechanicly enclined and just wanted to know is there anything else involved? Do I need to remove the airbox?

Any suggestions are helpful....

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hey Kalamari, I'll be doing this same job as soon as mine arrives.

Yeah, the air box has to come off, and I think you'll have to remove the throttle bodies as well, although I'm not sure. The screws that hold the housing on will be a real bugger to get out with the throttle bodies in place, but who knows? There may be a trick!

Did you get a new gasket for it too?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeahh I got a gasket too.... I heard that you have to remove the throttle bodies and then have the throttle bodies synched afterwords..

·
Registered
576 Posts
Kalamari Kid : Yeahh I got a gasket too.... I heard that you have to remove the throttle bodies and then have the throttle bodies synched afterwords..
Where did you hear that from? I'm not doubting what you're saying at all - in fact I suspect you're exactly right, but I don't understand why you would have to sync the starter valves after removing the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i just replaced mine 2 weeks ago.

take the seat off, take the tank off, you don't need to remove the air box but you can to get more clearance...don't touch teh throttle bodies. i left airbox on, but you can remove it if you like.

2 10MM bolts hold the housing on, the bolts you want to remove are the ones going to the top of the assmebly, not hte ones going to the block. once you take those out the top comes off and the thermo is in there.

you can remove the whole deal from teh block by taking 2 other 10mm bolts out of the block. that will give you more clearance to get the thermo out of the assembly.

www.bikebandit.com look at the parts for it and you can see where the thermo is located and how easy it is to remove.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts