Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , i want to know in wich years where the 1000rr repsol edition made

i just got a 2008 i still havent got the papers of it my friend says on the title states repsol but on another forum i was told on2008 there were no repsol bikes , any comments on this would be apreciated , thanks

· Registered
993 Posts
No Repsol for 2008... they did in 2009:) Sounds like you're looking at a Fakesol as they say.

The best way to check is to check the VIN#

The Model CBR you have is after the "JH2"

ie: regular 2009 CBR 1000RR VIN:
JH2SC59G09K000592

Example Repsol VIN:
JH2SC59J09K000357

A regular 1000rr is "SC59G"

A Repsol is "SC59J"

Or you can check at the honda site: https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/

Click "Add a vehicle" enter the VIN and it'll tell you the color:)

· Premium Member
32,104 Posts
hi , i want to know in wich years where the 1000rr repsol edition made

i just got a 2008 i still havent got the papers of it my friend says on the title states repsol but on another forum i was told on2008 there were no repsol bikes , any comments on this would be apreciated , thanks

Odd years I believe - '05, '07, 09.
Is your bike an RR8 or is it an RR9 manufactured in '08?

· Registered
993 Posts
the serial number jh2sc594x
4? it should be a Letter J if it's an authentic 09... The 2007 and under you have to check the vins on the web sites I gave you because they don't have the easy to identify vin # to check just by looking at it. Another common mis-conception is that lower production numbers (last four digits) mean you have a real Repsol... like I said you should check the vin:)

Here's a real 09 Repsol with the "SC59J"

2009 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol Edition $6,999 - Motorcycle Sports Munford Alabama 36268
VIN: JH2SC59J99K001018

BTW: you don't have to fear posting your vin #... it's not like your social security number or License plate number where we could find out where you live or steal your identity:)

· Premium Member
32,104 Posts
4? it should be a Letter J if it's an authentic 09... The 2007 and under you have to check the vins on the web sites I gave you because they don't have the easy to identify vin # to check just by looking at it. Another common mis-conception is that lower production numbers (last four digits) mean you have a real Repsol... like I said you should check the vin:)

Here's a real 09 Repsol with the "SC59J"
2009 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol Edition $6,999 - Motorcycle Sports Munford Alabama 36268
VIN: JH2SC59J99K001018

BTW: you don't have to fear posting your vin #... it's not like your social security number or License plate number where we could find out where you live or steal your identity:)

I personally don't see that it matters whether it's a "genuine" Repsol or a non-Repsol that's got all the OEM Repsol plastics on it.
If it's a non-Repsol with a Chinese Repsol kit on it that'd be a different matter as the plastics aren't OEM quality.
Repsols are not limited edition bikes.

· Registered
993 Posts
You can not buy OEM repsol plastics unless you prove you own a repsol with your title in hand at a dealership.

We all know OEM plastics are way higher quality:) Besides the Repsols have oposite colored frames from stock (09 non-painted stainless... 05 Black)... other special bits like the '09's have gold forks, silver frame/swing arm and gold/bronze colored calipers front and back:eyebrows: Don't forget the Orange rims:)

True, 99% of bikers can't tell a Fakesol from a Repsol... but who wants to be a poser with a Fake Label? That's just as bad as losers with the fake Oakley glasses or girls with Gake Coach purses:(

· Premium Member
32,104 Posts
You can not buy OEM repsol plastics unless you prove you own a repsol with your title in hand at a dealership.

We all know OEM plastics are way higher quality:) Besides the Repsols have oposite colored frames from stock (09 non-painted stainless... 05 Black)... other special bits like the '09's have gold forks, silver frame/swing arm and gold/bronze colored calipers front and back:eyebrows: Don't forget the Orange rims:)

True, 99% of bikers can't tell a Fakesol from a Repsol... but who wants to be a poser with a Fake Label? That's just as bad as losers with the fake Oakley glasses or girls with Gake Coach purses:(

Sure, but you could swap the Repsol parts from a Repsol onto another bike.
Stainless frame?
:)
I would expect anybody that wants to ride a Repsol-emblazoned bike is probably a poser - whether the bike's real or otherwise ;-)
I buy my bikes to ride, not to look at or be looked at. If anybody wants to take an interest in _me_ that's fine, but don't let it be because I spent money buying somebody else's image.

· Registered
993 Posts
:plus1: All repsol really means is: "I have the extra $1000 to pay for a bike that says 'Look at me!'"

To each their own:D

I admire repsols, but they aren't rare, faster, or even close to a REAL GP repsol bike with over 200hp:eyebrows:

I'd like to own one for the false feeling that you've got a collectable.

But I think what blasito is trying to avoid is buying a Fakesol while being told it's real... most Fakesol's have been completely totalled and the owner decides to rebuild it to look like a Repsol (to each their own... just don't say it's a real Repsol).

you might end up with this:eek:

· Premium Member
32,104 Posts
:plus1: All repsol really means is: "I have the extra $1000 to pay for a bike that says 'Look at me!'"

To each their own:D

I admire repsols, but they aren't rare, faster, or even close to a REAL GP repsol bike with over 200hp:eyebrows:

I'd like to own one for the false feeling that you've got a collectable.

But I think what blasito is trying to avoid is buying a Fakesol while being told it's real... most Fakesol's have been completely totalled and the owner decides to rebuild it to look like a Repsol (to each their own... just don't say it's a real Repsol).

you might end up with this:eek:

Is that how they're marketed, some sort of "collectable" homage to the racebike?
I think they're a horrible colour scheme myself, I can't believe somebody thought orange would look good on a bike - although that scooter looks pretty neat :)
I didn't mind so much the Kawasaki orange that's a bit darker but I still wouldn't take it by choice.
Yep, if you're paying a premium because it has to be genuine then it has to be genuine, no doubt about that.
As I said though, I couldn't care less what my bikes look like but I'm certainly not going to ride around on a billboard advertising a company.

· Registered
6,507 Posts

A mate of mine in the UK crashed his black/white 08. He decided to rebuild it and so went to the dealer to buy the plastics which were all trashed. They said there would be a delay getting the white plastics, but they could sell him a complete Repsol fairing quicker, so he bought them instead.

Now he has a Repsol bike which looks the same as every other Repsol bike.

· Registered
993 Posts
Yeah... everyone has a "friend" that managed to buy them from a dealership without prooving ownership (jk)

If people REALLY want them they can get them I'm sure.

But unless he PC'd his rims orange, sanded down and cleared his frame and swing arm, and got gold forks and all the other Repsol bits.... there is no way his Fakesol looks like a Repsol.

· Registered
6,507 Posts
Yeah... everyone has a "friend" that managed to buy them from a dealership without prooving ownership (jk)

If people REALLY want them they can get them I'm sure.

But unless he PC'd his rims orange, sanded down and cleared his frame and swing arm, and got gold forks and all the other Repsol bits.... there is no way his Fakesol looks like a Repsol.
Dunno if he powder coated the wheels or got new ones, but they are orange. So now it is a Fireblade in Repsol colours, no matter what it started as. Shame, it looked better in black and white.

· Premium Member
21,012 Posts
I personally don't see that it matters whether it's a "genuine" Repsol or a non-Repsol that's got all the OEM Repsol plastics on it.
If it's a non-Repsol with a Chinese Repsol kit on it that'd be a different matter as the plastics aren't OEM quality.
Repsols are not limited edition bikes.
I disagree...mine is faster...and it went even quicker when I put all the stickers on it :smilebig:

The price difference was around €800.00 when I bought mine in 07. To be honest I had it on a deal as the 08 bike was coming in and it was €3,300.00 cheaper. But if I had been paying the full whack of €14,000.00 then an extra €800.00 wouldn't have made that much difference to the bank balance :eek:

I will say this, it's definitely a head turner :smilebig: :D

· Registered
2 Posts
hi , i want to know in wich years where the 1000rr repsol edition made i just got a 2008 i still havent got the papers of it my friend says on the title states repsol but on another forum i was told on2008 there were no repsol bikes , any comments on this would be apreciated , thanks
I bought a 08 with repsol fairings and think it looks great, knew it wasn't the actual one, but when there isn't a performance difference who really cares. buy what you like and ride it and be proud of it. these fakesol haters are just a bunch of whiners that put repsol stickers on their riding lawn mowers.lol jk not really though.enjoy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts