Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone used Repsol in a 954? I had Castrol ActEvo in it before and it seemed alright.....I wanted to switch to synth, so I put in Repsol Synth(Since the name is popular since MotoGP)....The shifting is much more clunckier, and I think the bike feels like a rides a little more rough. Any comments? I tried to look for reviews of the oil, but couldn't find any.

I think on the next oil change I'll try Amsoil.

The guy at the store said that if you go to Synth you can never go back....is that true? if so, why?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have no experience with repsol and don't know what it is made from.There are many different classifications of synthetic,some are made from better basestocks than others.It should not be an issue to switch from synthetic back to dino,but in most motorcycles,once you have experienced the smooth shifting a quality synthetic offers,you don't switch.For a ton of information on oil,visit-
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

·
Registered
705 Posts
Dookie said:
I'll be switching to Amsoil after 4,000 miles on the bike. Did you do the engine flush on it by the way? How did you do it? (How many ounces?)
No flush for me, this is my 3rd oil change w/amsoil. Was using Castrol actevo before and can definately tell a difference. Smoother running and seems to run a little cooler too.

·
Registered
199 Posts
benchj said:
The guy at the store said that if you go to Synth you can never go back....is that true? if so, why?
I've heard the same thing too. Have had 2 or 3 mechanics all say that. Never asked why though. :idunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts