Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the other things in that Young Machine magazine besides the 1000rr is replica bikes Auto Shop Sugahara article. You've seen some other examples on the 954 from their shop. Now they sell the 600 replica. Note, the side exhaust pipe is a 'dummy'....just for looks..

·
Registered
398 Posts
Awesome work.

The addition of the dummy pipe shows attention to detail, but is a little over the top IMO.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to ask them if the dummy can be used as extra storage space...it'd be cool to twist off the cap and put a mapbook & stuff in it....like the dummy pipes I've seen on the twin-tail VFR aftermarket pipes.. (they do 4 into 1, but keep the twin-tail look)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
So...

authentic looking paint and stickers = not silly

authentic looking pipe = silly

I like the whole package

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Very nice, but no more stupid than the Big Playa Paint in the other thread IMO. Fake is fake.

But don't get me wrong, I'd still drool over this bike like a retard at a clapping convention.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ND4SPDSHO : How much more expensive are they?  And what's it take to ship one to the States?  
they didn't list the price for it in the mag...but I'm sure it'll turn up somewhere..as far as shipping to the States..there was something about a 'first born' but I couldn't quite understand what they were saying...

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
showmethebombs : ok...hehe...WTF is with all the cool ass stuff not making it here....
It's not made that way by Honda, right?  I mean, the shop does all the bodywork to a new, standard color bike, right?

·
Registered
272 Posts
correct me if I am wrong but...

the bikes are ILLEGAL here in the US..so you cant ship is as a bike..in one piece. BUT...you can ship it in pieces. A motor, the wheels, the frame, the plastics etc and put it together at home then its ok.

Maybe that is what is meant by first born. It was first born in Japan, but you would reborn it? I dunno....

but I just know you can send it over in peices and then put it back together.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Why wouldn't it be allowed in the States as 'one'?  Maybe in Cali, because it wouldn't meet standards

And I'm pretty sure by 'firstborn' he meant '$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'

EDIT: By the way....who is that in your avatar?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
booth23 : Quote (tigerblade @ June 05 2003, 1:26pm)Quote (asiliat @ June 05 2003, 10:18am)... like a retard at a clapping convention.
new one for the memory file.
make sure you give me credit. I made that up on the fly.

....just don't steal my words. har har

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I think Cali would be the only place where importing a Japanese bike would be a problem. Otherwise, it's not illegal, however I suspect there are some nasty import tariffs in place to make it pricey to do so.....and yes, that shop re-paints and does all the custom work...not Honda.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts