Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This is my first post. I have a 2011 Fireblade and have had to have the radiator repaired after a stone hit it and caused it to start leaking. I am just put the repaired radiator back on the bike and filled the main tank with new coolant. When I try to fill the reserve tank, it seems to be leaking and not filling at all. I have no idea why this is happening. Can anybody give me some advice.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Ok, the most obvious question I have is - where is the coolant going when you fill the reserve tank? How much coolant did you pour that disappeared?

If it's not leaking onto the ground, then that only leaves one place it could go: the overflow hose that connects the reserve bottle to the radiator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, forgot to say, the coolant is leaking onto the ground when I poor some into the reverse tank. It looks like nearly all of it is leaking onto the ground.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Sorry, forgot to say, the coolant is leaking onto the ground when I poor some into the reverse tank. It looks like nearly all of it is leaking onto the ground.

Is it leaking out of the tank or out of a hose?
Have you got the hoses on the right ends of the tank?
The coolant from the radiator feeds in at the bottom, it overflows from the top.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the first time I have done any work myself on the bike. So I have not tampered with any hoses. I just started filling the reserve tank and after a short while I can see the coolant dripping on the ground. I have had it from new and it has always been serviced by the main Honda dealer, but I could not afford to buy a new radiator, so I did the work of draining the coolant and removing the radiator to get it repaired.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
This is the first time I have done any work myself on the bike. So I have not tampered with any hoses. I just started filling the reserve tank and after a short while I can see the coolant dripping on the ground. I have had it from new and it has always been serviced by the main Honda dealer, but I could not afford to buy a new radiator, so I did the work of draining the coolant and removing the radiator to get it repaired.

If you removed the radiator then clearly you removed the hoses...unless you left the reservoir attached to it?
Are your hoses correctly installed?
RADIATOR
Be sure to bleed the system as described in the manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you removed the radiator then clearly you removed the hoses...unless you left the reservoir attached to it?
Are your hoses correctly installed?
RADIATOR
Be sure to bleed the system as described in the manual.
The 2011 Fireblade has the reserve tank in front of the rear wheel under the seat area, so I did not touch the reserve tank or the hoses attached to it.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
The 2011 Fireblade has the reserve tank in front of the rear wheel under the seat area, so I did not touch the reserve tank or the hoses attached to it.

And is it leaking from a hose or directly out of the reservoir?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts