Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finishing up restoring a 1992 900rr back to stock. I was wondering about a couple key parts that need refinishing. Specifically, rear wheel and fairing top brace.
Are these painted it powder coated?
Also I have a stock exhaust can that needs painting. Where can you get high gloss high heat paint? Or could powder coated take the heat?
Any help would be appreciated.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,881 Posts
Hi and welcome,
The rear wheel and upper front fairing stay come painted gloss black from the factory. member @Gunk had a try at refinishing a stock SC28 black muffler. I believe it came out quite nice.

The can (muffler) shouldn't get hot enough to require a specific high heat paint, but you can try VHT paint. The OEM muffler is so thick and has many baffles. It should stay cool enough to the touch while running. HOWEVER, don't quote me on that ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone in Canada or USA is interested, one of them will be going up for sale. Both all stock, original plastic, true survivor.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
The original exhaust silencer was gloss black . . .
Out of interest, do you recall if the exhaust finish was paint or the 'black chrome' which was used on the 1984 series of the VF750 or Interceptor as our American friends know them? (I had one which I purchased new. Was a real thrill in the day, but was sold to finance a house purchase)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay the bike is all done and ready to be sold. You won't be disappointed. All original in every way, a true survivor, plastic has no broken tabs, chips or scratches. Carbs have been rebuilt and new fuel pump. This is probably one of the best 92 is North America. I'm located on the Canadian US border and can deliver to Canadian side of border near buffalo ny or Detroit MI. Asking $85
IMG_20200518_193700814.jpg
IMG_20200518_193547315.jpg
00 USD if interested text me at 2269732081

1 - 16 of 16 Posts