Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I cut the strap on my Shark RSR Foggy Red today to make sure no-one decided to don it. Its now been added to my collection of retired hurt helmets.

Retired Hurt Gallery

My DriRider Jacket has been through both accidents, it has a couple of small holes from the first but its still fighting fit, my DriRider Pants went through the latest off only, its all good just needs a bit of a wash so I'm waiting for the next lot of rain.

Viva la wearing top quality gear all the time!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
307 Posts
you have to slow up man.. one day a retired helm will be the least of your worries mate :crap:

if ya free tomorrow night come watch the Superbikes at mine with a few of my mates :thumb:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Brenny but I've got a standing invite to Cowboys place, but I might stand him up next week if the offer is still open.

And yer I hear you on the slow up advice.

Also I forgot:

My 3 day old o so comfy Joe Rocket gloves are a little scuffed up and my Gaerne boots have slight scratches, but nothing a quick polish wouldn't fix.

·
Registered
307 Posts
i didnt mean slow up everywhere... just on roads you dont know :nono:
you'll have to come hit the blackspur with me soon before the weather turns bad... im sure we'll get a few more good weeks before winter hits :D you get any weekdays off? its the only time its really empty... have a good one in greensborough tomorrow then bud :thumb:

·
Registered
738 Posts
You have a plack on the Aria? That's sick :thumb:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
brennyP said:
i didnt mean slow up everywhere... just on roads you dont know :nono:
you'll have to come hit the blackspur with me soon before the weather turns bad... im sure we'll get a few more good weeks before winter hits :D you get any weekdays off? its the only time its really empty... have a good one in greensborough tomorrow then bud :thumb:
Weekdays are pretty much a 9am-midnight deal for work... :crap:

·
Registered
307 Posts
matt232 said:
Weekdays are pretty much a 9am-midnight deal for work... :crap:
what a bastard man...well if ya bikes still riderable we should hit the twisties next weekend..you can go silly coz its not like you'll be able to hurt your bike any more :eyebrows:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
brennyP said:
what a bastard man...well if ya bikes still riderable we should hit the twisties next weekend..you can go silly coz its not like you'll be able to hurt your bike any more :eyebrows:
My bike could definately hurt more and I'm pretty sure I didn't just become invulnerable either. I'm going to be riding grannyeske for a little while I think.

But yer a ride next week could be good, whats the chances we can get there blokes out as well?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I cant believe you retired the Shark. It barely touched the ground didnt it? You shoulda sent it back to shark for an inspection. They may have ok'd it for use.

Bit late now tho I guess. What 'mutts next? Another Shark?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
matt232 said:
My bike could definately hurt more and I'm pretty sure I didn't just become invulnerable either. I'm going to be riding grannyeske for a little while I think.

But yer a ride next week could be good, whats the chances we can get there blokes out as well?
Ill be up for a ride. The blades had its major service and is oh so happy again :D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Cowboy1600 said:
I cant believe you retired the Shark. It barely touched the ground didnt it? You shoulda sent it back to shark for an inspection. They may have ok'd it for use.

Bit late now tho I guess. What 'mutts next? Another Shark?
There are quite a few chips and scratches across the front and I bit into my upper lip and my eye was a little swollen after the off, so there was a decent impact there. So i decided to err on the side of caution.

I miss the Shark, my el'cheapo spare HJC helmet isn't 1/10 as good as the Shark. The HJC's visor flips up doing head checks, fogs up just breathing lightly, I can't keep the visor open a slight crack to stop the fogging, bugger all vents and heavy as hell.

I'll probably get another RSR but I'll try on a few others to see how they feel, the RSR was a little close around the front of the mouth and nose so I'll see if I can find anything else that fits my noggin.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
matt232 said:
There are quite a few chips and scratches across the front and I bit into my upper lip and my eye was a little swollen after the off, so there was a decent impact there. So i decided to err on the side of caution.

I miss the Shark, my el'cheapo spare HJC helmet isn't 1/10 as good as the Shark. The HJC's visor flips up doing head checks, fogs up just breathing lightly, I can't keep the visor open a slight crack to stop the fogging, bugger all vents and heavy as hell.

I'll probably get another RSR but I'll try on a few others to see how they feel, the RSR was a little close around the front of the mouth and nose so I'll see if I can find anything else that fits my noggin.
A thought on your fogging. Back in the prehistoric days when there were no vents we used to drill 3-4 small holes in the shield. Doesn't hurt the strength of the helmet and reduces fogging.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts