Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been wanting to do this since getting my Blade, as the majority of the Bikes I've owned, and all those I've raced, have had the 'correct' 1-UP ~ 5-Down pattern.
Was looking into remaking the whole Linkage arrangement, as I thought the simple option of putting a Lever directly onto the Gear-Change Shaft wasn't an option, I was wrong.
Took a chance on a used VFR750 (RC24) Lever, it fits like it was made for the job!

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle brake Tire

Would probably be too long without the Rear-Sets, but it's perfect with them.
Just touches the Plastic Sprocket Cover on the up-swing, but not enough to worry about.
I'll probably modify the Cover to clear it at some point.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 2001 929.

Spare Sprocket Cover turned up yesterday, so I can modify one to clear the Lever fully.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Thanks for answering. Not that it matters anymore but to get GP Shift on my 2006 I went with rear sets. I am still needing to do something for my XR100, but I no longer ride it in anger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hiya- I am trying to go the opposite way. I bought a 929 set up with gp-shift. Which parts do I need to put it back to stock ? thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd have to ask why you'd want to go back to the vastly inferior pattern!

You'll need the Lever, Link Rod (complete with Rod-Ends), and the Gear-shaft Lever.
There's also a 'Wavy' Washer that goes against the Lever, stops it rattling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too prefer gp-shift, but would like to keep things consistent across my bikes, and so I can lend them to friends.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I know, the struggle is real. :ROFLMAO:

I've tried to 'enlighten' various riding friends to swap over, but to no avail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts