Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up! Need some help on raising the ride height of 929. I have an Ohlins 3 way adjustable rear shock. I see the two bolts at the base (one silver and one blue). They are on pretty tight. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
HiTech202 said:
What's up! Need some help on raising the ride height of 929. I have an Ohlins 3 way adjustable rear shock. I see the two bolts at the base (one silver and one blue). They are on pretty tight. Thanks.
The shock must be disconnected from the link and the bottom shaft locknuts loosened and the entire shaft/clevis rotated to change the length of the shock. Did you purchase the shock new? If so, it has reasonably good instructions that came in the box. http://www.ohlins.com/pdf/07241-02.pdf

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
HiTech202 said:
Thanks ab. So I'll need to place the bike on a rear stand and remove the wheel?
It should be done with the wheel on. You will need to "hang" the bike or suspend it from the rear subframe, as a rear stand supports the swingarm (which will be swinging free once the shock is disconnected). I use a steel pipe under the subframe bars and a pair of sawhorses to keep the bike upright. A piece of 2 by 4 under the rear wheel allows you to take the load off of the swingarm while you are disconnecting the shock. It's a case of getting the wheel/swingarm in a neutral position to unload the linkage enough to pull out the mounting bolt. You will probably need to take out at least one of the other 2 bolts on the triangle plates to access the bottom of the shock.

I know it sounds a bit complicated, but once you figure it out, it should only take about an hour from start to finish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts