Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that using a dog bone to adjust the ride height greatly effects the handling of the 929 (for the better). How true is this and does anyone have any experience with it? Can you comment please?

·
Registered
469 Posts
You don't neccessarily need to play around with the dogbone. You can simply put a 4mm spacer up the top of the shock and it'l serve your purposes pretty well. You need the front end reworked though etc anyhoo, so I'de get that done first.

·
Registered
661 Posts
the dogbone is more for change the linkage ratios.  It can change the height but normally that's done with on a shock with height adjustments.  

Raising the rear will effect swingarm and the fork angles and will quicken the steering.  Raise the rear too much and the steering will be too quick and very unstable.  

I've heard that the setup is to flush the forks to the top of the tripple..drops the forks about an 1mm.  Raise the rear 4-6mm.  That will have your bike diving into the corners and sticking on exits.  My 54 is setup that way with 4mm raise in the back.  I love it.  Of course I got some prem-o $u$pender$.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts