Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I recently adjusted the spring preload on my CBR919, 40mm front and rear, bike sag was 15mm. Front adjustment is on showing last grove and rear is on second last notch. Doesn't look like I can get any more that 35mm with these springs, are they shot? I guess I'm gonna need 25-30mm for then next track day. I am a 75kg rider with gear, ideal rider weight for stock springs is 73kg or 160lbs according to RaceTech.

I've done some touring perhaps the bagage weight has softened the springs!?

I also made the 17inch front wheel mod, do I need to compensate for the 1inch extra on the front by raise/lowering the rear/front.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
first let me say :welcome: to the org

secondly :idunno:

normally the front springs are too soft to get correct static sag readings.
it could be worth your trouble to talk to Terry hayes from Shock treatment in Sydney, he does a lot of race bikes and has written articles for performance street bike and has a very good reputation.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Adjustment after wheel conversion

I made the conversion to the 17" wheel on my 99 900RR and had to raise the fork tubes 13mm to compensate for the bigger tire. Should be about the same setup as your 919. I made the switch a year ago and the bike makes a smooth transition into the turns and is very stable.

I've guys use anywhere from 8mm to 14mm when they made the switch. I'd start with around 10mm and then ride it. If it feels like it's diving in too quick, raise them a little more. IMHO.

:coolmod:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts