Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
I’m going to be taking a 2,741 mile road trip from Redmond OR to Rochester, NY this summer. My thought was to try and team up with a charity like 22 Until None or Wounded Warrior Project to organize rides and meetups along the way and raise money for them.
I’m not really sure how to organize anything of that sort, not sure if anyone on here has experience with it and might offer some suggestions. I’ve sent an email out to the charities so I guess I’ve got to wait and see if this is the sport of thing they want to participate in. If not, maybe I can do it myself and set up a charity link through some social media site.
The plan is to depart Redmond on the 13th of July heading for Sturgis. Spokane, Butte, Boseman or Billings might be reasonable locations for a meetup/ride along the way. After that I’d head for Chicago. Maybe Rapid City, Sioux Falls and Chicago would be places to set something up. Then there’s plenty of places from Chicago to Rochester along 80/90.
What’s prompting this crazy endeavor? Well my dad is having his other knee replaced this spring and says he won’t be able to ride anymore so he’s passing the Valkyrie on. The paint job has a military (unfortunately chair force) theme painted by my uncle Al and, as a vet of Iraq and Afghanistan, doing something to benefit a veteran charity would mean a lot to me. If successful, I’d like to make this an annual thing picking a route somewhere across the country (US-1, Appalachian Trail, Pacific Coast Highway).
If nothing else, I’ll try to document the journey for posterity if nothing else. Anyone live along the way interested in seeing some sights?

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've reached out to a couple charities and I've partnered with Wounded Warrior to try and raise money along the way.
Now I need to design a logo and try to drum up support. Anyone good with... I dunno, graphic design or whatever? My best powerpoint/paint skills can only do so much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts