Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this in one of my group emails.
------------
How come Patrick gets all the attention? Pity me!! I want attention. My bike was way cooler, faster, yellower, newer, and tricked-out than Patrick's yami-crap. My accident was also way more dramatic and high speed than his. Yes, that is right...the 600RR is no longer. On a good note, I am still here to talk about it!

It was a calm and warm night...It was Sunday morning at 1am on 880 South in Oakland at Hegenberger...I was riding my RR behind my boyfriend. We were heading to his house in anticipation of a long ride together the next day. I was riding around 85 mph, a reasonable and normal freeway speed for a motorcycle. As sometimes happens, I caught up to a car in my lane and decided to make a right hand pass. It wasn't an exciting, sneaky, or high-speed pass, just the same as any old pass. At just the wrong moment, the car jerked suddenly into my lane sideswiping me and putting my bike into a spin. I was thrown from the bike immediately. The RR and I went sliding/rolling across the pavement (separately) for nearly 100 yards before coming to a stop. When I came to a stop I quickly crawled off the freeway to avoid being hit by any cars. By this time the boyfriend had pulled over and run back to check on me, a fact worth mentioning because it should tell you how long I slid for. Together we pulled the bike off the freeway and got our friend to pick it up in his truck. To add to the drama, the car that destroyed the RR and I didn't stop. He just took off in proper hit-and-run fashion, not knowing whether I was dead or alive. To make matters worse, the pocket tore off my pants during the fall sending my wallet and keys careening down the freeway.

Attached are some before and after pictures, it is more fun that way!

To end the story with a few points of good news:
* [name deleted] may buy the bike as a salvage title and bring it back to life. If this happens I will keep you all updated with pictures.
* Cal Trans found my wallet and returned it to me! Nothing was missing or used. Good thing Cal Trans workers are well paid!
* I am going to buy a new 2003 CBR 600RR within the month. I am going to go with black this time, obviously the yellow one was too hard for cars to see.
* The beautiful and burly sounding Jardine exhaust system wasn't harmed in the crash, and it is going on the new RR. Black Plastics + Carbon Fiber Pipe = Cool.

Hope to be up and riding with all of you soon!
Kristin
------------

BTW just so you don't have to ask, Conq, yes .... she's HAWT.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Quote It wasn't an exciting, sneaky, or high-speed pass, just the same as any old pass. At just the wrong moment, the car jerked suddenly into my lane sideswiping me

Which is exactly why I prefer to make every pass a high speed pass. (dont know how well this can be done on a 600)

I try to ride with authority and stay away from the sides of cars.. specialy the blindspots.

I had some dumbass in a porsche one time swerve into my lane as I passed him on the freeway. He was avoiding a road aligator in the middle of his lane. I was surprised that my scooter was able to swerve so well at 75mph. Lucky for him I was on my scooter, if I had been on my 929 I wouldve well....least he couldnt have left me in the dust. I would have had more options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts